Everybody loves a good conspiracy theory. And luckily for author Dan Brown and the execs at Sony, it seems that a lot of people also love really bad conspiracy theories, as the box office success of those Illuminati and critically derided films "The Da Vinci Code" and "Angels & Demons" proves.
Well, don't look now, but according to Deadline, Ron Howard and Tom Hanks have both signed on for a third installment of the further adventures of Professor Blatant Exposition Robert Langdon as they will be reuniting for an adaptation of Brown's novel "Inferno."
In the meantime, someone needs to come up with a good conspiracy theory to explain how these movies keep getting made ... ya know, apart from all that cash (a combined $1.24 billion at the international box office for the first two installments).
Given the loot at stake, movie three was never really in doubt. What was a question mark until now, »
- Scott Harris
Similar News ItemsTom Hanks
- Oscar’S Year Of Visual Effects, and The Art Of Seeing And Believing (From Trailers from Hell. 6 February 2016, 9:16 AM, PST)
- Bridge of Spies Blu-ray Giveaway (From CinemaNerdz. 5 February 2016, 2:11 PM, PST)
- New to Streaming: ‘Steve Jobs,’ ‘Bridge of Spies,’ ‘Spotlight,’ ‘Arabian Nights,’ and More (From The Film Stage. 5 February 2016, 9:13 AM, PST)
Ron Howard (I)
- Superficial 'News,' Mineo-Dean Bromance-Romance and Davis' fading 'Star': 31 Days of Oscar (From Alt Film Guide. 6 February 2016, 6:49 PM, PST)
- Ron Howard, Brian Grazer Ending Their 30-Year Deal With Universal Amid New Money (From The Hollywood Reporter. 3 February 2016, 5:00 AM, PST)
- Natalie Dormer, Harrison Ford, Paul Bettany And More Star In Spy Thriller Official Secrets (From LatinoReview. 29 January 2016, 6:12 AM, PST)
The Da Vinci Code (2006)
- TCM's Oscar Series: Phony Oscar-Winning Biopic, Minor Hawn Classic (From Alt Film Guide. 6 February 2016, 3:07 AM, PST)
- Paris’ The Louvre: 120 Productions in 2015 (From Variety - Film News. 3 February 2016, 9:43 AM, PST)
- Raine Group to Invest $100 Million-Plus in Imagine, Partners Eye Expansion (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 28 January 2016, 11:04 AM, PST)