Everybody loves a good conspiracy theory. And luckily for author Dan Brown and the execs at Sony, it seems that a lot of people also love really bad conspiracy theories, as the box office success of those Illuminati and critically derided films "The Da Vinci Code" and "Angels & Demons" proves.
Well, don't look now, but according to Deadline, Ron Howard and Tom Hanks have both signed on for a third installment of the further adventures of Professor Blatant Exposition Robert Langdon as they will be reuniting for an adaptation of Brown's novel "Inferno."
In the meantime, someone needs to come up with a good conspiracy theory to explain how these movies keep getting made ... ya know, apart from all that cash (a combined $1.24 billion at the international box office for the first two installments).
Given the loot at stake, movie three was never really in doubt. What was a question mark until now, »
- Scott Harris
Similar News ItemsTom Hanks
- Classic Hollywood 'Profiles' Online (From Thompson on Hollywood. 3 July 2015, 2:23 PM, PDT)
- “The Martian”: Looking at potential Best Picture contenders (From Hollywoodnews.com. 2 July 2015, 2:28 PM, PDT)
- The Monopoly Movie Just Took A Big Step Forward (From Cinema Blend. 2 July 2015, 11:16 AM, PDT)
Ron Howard (I)
- Oscars: Biopics, Diversity Dearth Shape Midyear Race (From Variety - Film News. 2 July 2015, 1:19 PM, PDT)
- 'Apollo 13' 20th Anniversary: 20 Things You (Probably) Didn't Know About the Tom Hanks Classic (From Moviefone. 30 June 2015, 2:30 AM, PDT)
- Mel Gibson: The Hollywood Flashback Interview (From The Hollywood Interview. 30 June 2015, 1:15 AM, PDT)
The Da Vinci Code (2006)
- 139 movie sequels currently in the works (From Den of Geek. 18 June 2015, 3:33 AM, PDT)
- ‘Jurassic World’ Star Irrfan Khan Strikes Balance Between Hollywood, Bollywood (From Variety - Film News. 12 June 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Tom Hanks' Impression Of Ron Howard Directing Is Really Funny (From Cinema Blend. 19 May 2015, 2:11 PM, PDT)