Everybody loves a good conspiracy theory. And luckily for author Dan Brown and the execs at Sony, it seems that a lot of people also love really bad conspiracy theories, as the box office success of those Illuminati and critically derided films "The Da Vinci Code" and "Angels & Demons" proves.
Well, don't look now, but according to Deadline, Ron Howard and Tom Hanks have both signed on for a third installment of the further adventures of Professor Blatant Exposition Robert Langdon as they will be reuniting for an adaptation of Brown's novel "Inferno."
In the meantime, someone needs to come up with a good conspiracy theory to explain how these movies keep getting made ... ya know, apart from all that cash (a combined $1.24 billion at the international box office for the first two installments).
Given the loot at stake, movie three was never really in doubt. What was a question mark until now, »
- Scott Harris
Similar News ItemsTom Hanks
- 24 stars you didn't know were Emmy nominees: Brad Pitt, Oprah, ...' (From Gold Derby. 11 July 2014, 3:18 PM, PDT)
- Top That! Miley Cyrus in "SuperFreak" and More! (From BuzzSugar. 11 July 2014, 8:01 AM, PDT)
- Top That! Miley Cyrus in "SuperFreak" and More! (From Popsugar. 11 July 2014, 8:01 AM, PDT)
Ron Howard (I)
- Lip Service: The Top 10 Movie Catchphrases (From SoundOnSight. 11 July 2014, 5:46 PM, PDT)
- 'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes' writers talk Caesar, 'Jurassic World,' ...and Shakespeare (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 11 July 2014, 12:54 PM, PDT)
- Review: Ron Howard's Jay-z Documentary 'Made in America' Tries to Be Too Many Things & Doesn't Always Succeed (From ShadowAndAct. 11 July 2014, 9:37 AM, PDT)
The Da Vinci Code (2006)
- 10 Movie Characters Whose Haircuts Were Simply Ridiculous (From Obsessed with Film. 10 July 2014, 3:03 AM, PDT)
- Check Out The First Image From Ron Howard’s Heart Of The Sea (From We Got This Covered. 9 July 2014, 1:53 PM, PDT)
- Zurich Film Festival to Honor Composer Hans Zimmer (From Variety - Film News. 1 July 2014, 5:32 AM, PDT)