Canadian actor best known for his role as Finn Hudson in Glee
The Canadian actor Cory Monteith, who has been found dead in a Vancouver hotel room aged 31, shot to fame as the all-American student Finn Hudson in Glee, the worldwide television hit about an Ohio high-school show choir.
When the musical-comedy teen series began in 2009, Monteith was cast as Finn after submitting what he described as "a cheesy 80s music video-style version" of the Reo Speedwagon power ballad Can't Fight This Feeling. Although he had no previous singing experience and his vocal performance was considered slightly weak, producers believed that Monteith displayed the naivety they were looking for in Finn, a quarterback in the fictional William McKinley High School football team and a member of its choir, New Directions.
The role made Monteith not only a global TV star, but also a lead singer in a recording act with »
- Anthony Hayward
Similar News ItemsJustin Bieber
- Are Martin Garrix And Justin Bieber Covering A Taylor Swift Song? (From We Got This Covered. 30 June 2016, 11:42 AM, PDT)
- Gwyneth Paltrow Reacts to Being Named the "Most Hated Celebrity": "More Than, Like, Chris Brown?" (From E! Online. 30 June 2016, 4:36 AM, PDT)
- Justin Bieber -- Dodges Big Probation Problem By Hours (From TMZ. 29 June 2016, 11:12 AM, PDT)
- Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce Promotes Retta to Series Regular in Season 3 (From TVLine.com. 30 June 2016, 10:33 AM, PDT)
- Tyne Daly joins Spider-Man: Homecoming (From Flickeringmyth. 30 June 2016, 6:34 AM, PDT)
- TV News Roundup: ’12 Monkeys’ Renewed for Season 3 at Syfy & More (From Variety - TV News. 29 June 2016, 2:31 PM, PDT)
- Lady Gaga, Connie Britton and 47 Other Stars Honor Orlando Shooting Victims in Ryan Murphy-Produced Tribute Video (From TVLine.com. 29 June 2016, 1:01 PM, PDT)
- Comic-Con 2016: Game of Thrones, Orphan Black Added to Panel Lineup (From TVLine.com. 28 June 2016, 1:03 PM, PDT)
- News Roundup: ‘Fresh Off the Boat’ and ‘Will & Grace’ Stars Join Hulu’s ‘Dimension 404’ (From Variety - TV News. 27 June 2016, 2:34 PM, PDT)