Legendary Bollywood baddie Pran died July 12 in Mumbai’s Lilavati Hospital where he was admitted after having respiratory problems. He was 93.
He was so realistically bad that many Indians assumed he was so in real life too. The actor was aware of this and in 1971’s “Guddi,” set in the world of Bombay cinema, he played himself and was shown as a charming man who gives the watch off his wrist just because a co-star likes it.
Born Pran Krishan Shikand in a landowning family in Old Delhi, he was discovered in a »
- Shalini Dore
Similar News ItemsAmitabh Bachchan
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns impresses, Bombay Velvet is a disaster! (From GlamSham. 22 May 2015, 9:30 PM, PDT)
- Bollywood Shootout Near Amitabh Bachchan Film Set Leaves One Injured (From The Hollywood Reporter. 22 May 2015, 7:02 AM, PDT)
- Fire in Filmcity: Amitabh Bachchan has a close shave (From GlamSham. 22 May 2015, 5:11 AM, PDT)
Dev Anand (I)
- How film lyricist Anand Bakshi won over National Poet Pradeep (From GlamSham. 13 April 2015, 6:18 AM, PDT)
- Not decided on Hero as yet - Jackie Shroff (From BollywoodHungama. 4 November 2014, 2:38 AM, PST)
- In Celebration of Shiamak in the Movies! (From Bollyspice. 18 October 2014, 10:55 PM, PDT)
Dilip Kumar (I)
- Director Ajay Devgn’s new venture Shivaay’s first look launched 18 months in advance!! (From Bollyspice. 15 May 2015, 2:33 AM, PDT)
- When music wizard Madan Mohan restored Talat Mehmood's prestige (From GlamSham. 8 April 2015, 5:37 AM, PDT)
- Copious biopics & biographies on Meena Kumari! (From GlamSham. 31 March 2015, 4:57 AM, PDT)