Helen Mirren reprises her Academy Award-winning role as Queen Elizabeth II in the highly-anticipated West End production of The Audience, recorded earlier in 2013 and broadcast as part of National Theatre Live.
Now St. Louis-area fans will have the chance to see this acclaimed production when it plays at the Tivoli (6350 Delmar Blvd) Saturday August 10th at 11am and Sunday August 11th at noon.
For sixty years, Elizabeth II has met with each of her twelve Prime Ministers, privately, in a weekly audience at Buckingham Palace—a meeting like no other in British public life. Both parties have an unspoken agreement never to repeat what is said, not even to their spouses. The Audience breaks this contract of silence—and imagines a series of pivotal meetings between the Downing Street incumbents and their Queen. From Churchill to Cameron, each Prime Minister has used these private conversations as a sounding board and a confessional—sometimes intimate, »
- Tom Stockman
Similar News ItemsHelen Mirren
- Jeremy Irons joins Dev Patel in the biopic of Srinivasa Ramanuja: The Man Who Knew Infinity (From Bollyspice. 6 December 2013, 4:35 PM, PST)
- Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint up for WhatsOn Stage awards (From The Guardian - Film News. 6 December 2013, 4:07 PM, PST)
- The top 25 underappreciated films of 2001 (From Den of Geek. 4 December 2013, 1:17 AM, PST)
Queen Elizabeth II
- The Queen Pulls a Kate Middleton, Causes Launer Handbag Sales to Skyrocket! (From E! Online. 5 December 2013, 1:53 PM, PST)
- 'Downton Abbey' Season 4 Christmas special: Buckingham Palace and King George V make an appearance (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 3 December 2013, 8:32 PM, PST)
- Kate Middleton Wears a Tiara to White Tie Diplomatic Reception Hosted by Queen Elizabeth II: Picture (From Us Weekly. 3 December 2013, 9:38 AM, PST)
Peter Morgan (I)
- High-End Genre Fare Breaks Out of Populist Ghetto (From Variety - Film News. 5 December 2013, 11:53 AM, PST)
- ’12 Years a Slave,’ ‘Fruitvale Station’ Excluded From WGA Awards (From Variety - Film News. 3 December 2013, 6:33 PM, PST)
- Exclusive: '12 Years,' 'Rush' and 'Mandela' among 2013 films not eligible for WGA Awards (From Hitfix. 3 December 2013, 10:19 AM, PST)