Cinema is a kind of uber-art form that’s made up of a multitude of other forms of art including writing, directing, acting, drawing, design, photography and fashion. As such, film is, as all cinema aficionados know, a highly collaborative venture.
One of the most consistently fascinating collaborations in cinema is that of the director and actor.
This article will examine some of the great director & actor teams. It’s important to note that this piece is not intended as a film history survey detailing all the generally revered collaborations.
There is a wealth of information and study available on such duos as John Ford & John Wayne, Howard Hawks & John Wayne, Elia Kazan & Marlon Brando, Akira Kurosawa & Toshiro Mifune, Alfred Hitchcock & James Stewart, Ingmar Bergman & Max Von Sydow, Federico Fellini & Giulietta Masina/Marcello Mastroianni, Billy Wilder & Jack Lemmon, Francis Ford Coppola & Al Pacino, Woody Allen & Diane Keaton, Martin Scorsese & Robert DeNiro »
- Terek Puckett
Similar News ItemsChristopher Nolan (I)
- What is Transcendence? Find out in new featurette (From Flickeringmyth. 14 March 2014, 1:41 PM, PDT)
- Graphic Review: Batman: Dark Victory New Edition (From Cinelinx. 14 March 2014, 12:59 PM, PDT)
- Movies This Week: March 14-20, 2014 (From Slackerwood. 14 March 2014, 12:30 PM, PDT)
The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- First trailer for live-action webseries Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist (From Flickeringmyth. 15 March 2014, 5:05 PM, PDT)
- Need For Speed 3D Review; "It's A B Movie, And A Damn Good One At That!" (From ComicBookMovie. 14 March 2014, 11:56 AM, PDT)
- 'Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist' Trailer; Web Series Coming Soon (From MovieWeb. 14 March 2014, 11:51 AM, PDT)
- Ireland's Six Nations win a fitting climax to epic day of telly watching | Emma John (From The Guardian - TV News. 15 March 2014, 5:11 PM, PDT)
- Cannes 2014: 15 films we'd like to see (From The Guardian - Film News. 14 March 2014, 11:50 AM, PDT)
- Rooney Mara Cast As Tiger Lily In ‘Pan’ (From LatinoReview. 13 March 2014, 10:58 AM, PDT)