Bruce Lee has been brought back to life as a CGI rendering for a new Chinese commercial.
Whisky brand Johnnie Walker has teamed up with Torque and Detention director Joseph Kahn for its 'Game Changer' campaign, with VFX company The Mill creating a computer-generated head to overlay on the body of a double.
Kahn described the piece as an "exploration and celebration" of the Enter the Dragon star and rebuffed criticism the 90-second clip has received from Lee fans.
"This spot isn't about drinking, nor does Bruce Lee ever pitch, hold, talk about it," Kahn wrote on the Vimeo page for the commercial. "It's a short inspirational film sponsored by Johnnie Walker. Those making comparisons of 'water' to 'alcohol' are literalists and wrong.
"[The] last thing alcohol wants to be is water. It's a metaphor for life. It's his metaphor in his actual words. I spent a year living and breathing this man, »
Similar News ItemsBruce Lee (I)
- Comics on Film: Here's What Happened Between 'Man of Steel' and 'Batman v Superman' (From Movies.com. 5 February 2016, 7:30 PM, PST)
- Henry Cavill's Body is (Almost) Ready for Justice League (From LatinoReview. 5 February 2016, 11:42 AM, PST)
- William Shakespeare, Bruce Lee to Be Honored at Hong Kong Festival (From Variety - Film News. 5 February 2016, 4:03 AM, PST)
- Step Aside, Leo; Taylor Swift ‘Suffered for Her Art’ While Shooting the ‘Out of the Woods’ Video (From Vulture. 2 January 2016, 10:26 AM, PST)
- Watch Taylor Swift's Very Elemental, Very Lupine 'Out of the Woods' Music Video (From Vulture. 1 January 2016, 9:01 AM, PST)
- Lionsgate’s Live-Action Power Rangers Film Finds Its Black Ranger (From We Got This Covered. 23 October 2015, 7:23 AM, PDT)
Enter the Dragon (1973)
- Sammo Hung: The Man, The Legend (From AsianMoviePulse. 2 February 2016, 8:50 AM, PST)
- Whatever Happened to Chong Li From Bloodsport? (From TVovermind.com. 16 January 2016, 8:38 AM, PST)
- The John Kreng Interview (From AsianMoviePulse. 3 December 2015, 10:02 AM, PST)