“First world problems” as they’ve become popularly termed, are the issues that come with living in a wealthy, industrial state where your real problems are so distant that you’ve basically had to invent problems, ones which those living in the third would would surely be desperate to have.
When you’re financially comfortable and have a roof over your head, it’s human nature to essentially create new problems for yourself rather than just enjoy the comfort you have, because we as human beings are never truly happy and satisfied, are we now?
This transpires through to the movie world; for every first world problem, there is a movie prepared to indulge that middle-to-upper-class fancy, and support the notion that these problems – usually existential – are a quandary worth exploring. It couldn’t possibly be that these self-entitled folk just need a slap around the face and a little perspective now, »
- Shaun Munro
Similar News ItemsChristian Bale
- 'The Flash': Tom Cavanagh on Nailing a Supervillain Voice (From Rolling Stone. 24 May 2016, 8:45 AM, PDT)
- Long-Gestating Terrence Malick Drama Weightless Unveils Running Time And Star-Studded Cast (From We Got This Covered. 24 May 2016, 7:50 AM, PDT)
- Terrence Malick’s ‘Weightless’ Gets Runtime, Official Cast, and Rating (From The Film Stage. 24 May 2016, 6:38 AM, PDT)
- Hot Toys 1/6th scale Scarlet Witch collectible figure from Captain America: Civil War (From Flickeringmyth. 28 May 2016, 2:40 AM, PDT)
- Hail, Caesar! (From Trailers from Hell. 27 May 2016, 10:32 PM, PDT)
- Woody Allen Talks The Making Of ‘Match Point’ & Working With Scarlett Johansson In 31-Minute Podcast (From The Playlist. 27 May 2016, 2:36 PM, PDT)
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin Reach Divorce Settlement (From PEOPLE.com. 26 May 2016, 11:05 AM, PDT)
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin Are Officially Divorced (From E! Online. 26 May 2016, 10:52 AM, PDT)
- Gwyneth Paltrow, Chris Martin -- Divorce a Done Deal (From TMZ. 26 May 2016, 10:20 AM, PDT)