“First world problems” as they’ve become popularly termed, are the issues that come with living in a wealthy, industrial state where your real problems are so distant that you’ve basically had to invent problems, ones which those living in the third would would surely be desperate to have.
When you’re financially comfortable and have a roof over your head, it’s human nature to essentially create new problems for yourself rather than just enjoy the comfort you have, because we as human beings are never truly happy and satisfied, are we now?
This transpires through to the movie world; for every first world problem, there is a movie prepared to indulge that middle-to-upper-class fancy, and support the notion that these problems – usually existential – are a quandary worth exploring. It couldn’t possibly be that these self-entitled folk just need a slap around the face and a little perspective now, »
- Shaun Munro
Similar News ItemsChristian Bale
- “The Great Wall” Rises with Matt Damon and Andy Lau (From AsianMoviePulse. 2 May 2015, 1:05 PM, PDT)
- Week in Review: Rip ‘Lotr’ cinematographer Andrew Lesnie (From SoundOnSight. 1 May 2015, 9:25 AM, PDT)
- Batman Facts: 25 Things You (Probably) Don't Know About the Dark Knight (From Moviefone. 1 May 2015, 3:30 AM, PDT)
- Watch Avengers: Age Of Ultron Star Scarlett Johansson Host SNL (From ComicBookMovie. 3 May 2015, 2:05 AM, PDT)
- 'SNL': Scarlett Johansson Mocks 'Avengers,' Baltimore Riots Reactions (Video) (From The Hollywood Reporter. 3 May 2015, 1:12 AM, PDT)
- ‘Saturday Night Live': ‘Avengers’ Star Scarlett Johansson Gives Fans a Dose of Black Widow (From The Wrap. 3 May 2015, 12:25 AM, PDT)
- Time Machine: Paltrow Silvery Oscar Dress at 83rd Academy Awards (From Alt Film Guide. 1 May 2015, 6:03 PM, PDT)
- 75 Unforgettable Met Gala Moments (From Popsugar. 1 May 2015, 2:15 PM, PDT)
- Are the Jenners and Kardashians at Odds? (From Popsugar. 29 April 2015, 10:45 AM, PDT)