“First world problems” as they’ve become popularly termed, are the issues that come with living in a wealthy, industrial state where your real problems are so distant that you’ve basically had to invent problems, ones which those living in the third would would surely be desperate to have.
When you’re financially comfortable and have a roof over your head, it’s human nature to essentially create new problems for yourself rather than just enjoy the comfort you have, because we as human beings are never truly happy and satisfied, are we now?
This transpires through to the movie world; for every first world problem, there is a movie prepared to indulge that middle-to-upper-class fancy, and support the notion that these problems – usually existential – are a quandary worth exploring. It couldn’t possibly be that these self-entitled folk just need a slap around the face and a little perspective now, »
- Shaun Munro
Similar News ItemsChristian Bale
- J.C. Chandor in Talks to Direct Paramount Thriller ‘Triple Frontier’ (From Variety - Film News. 29 June 2015, 2:09 PM, PDT)
- Terminator Salvation Revisited: “You Cannot Save John Connor” (From Collider.com. 29 June 2015, 2:09 PM, PDT)
- 5 Things You Need to Know Before You See 'Terminator: Genisys' (From Moviefone. 29 June 2015, 7:30 AM, PDT)
- Luc Besson Sequels in the Works (From Thompson on Hollywood. 29 June 2015, 11:47 AM, PDT)
- Evangeline Lilly wants more Marvel (From The Hollywood News. 29 June 2015, 3:40 AM, PDT)
- You'll Be Surprised These Celebrities Are Actually Twins! (From Popsugar. 27 June 2015, 7:20 PM, PDT)
- Gwyneth Paltrow Takes Son Moses to Meet Taylor Swift, Plus Kate Hudson Joins the Fun—See the Pic! (From E! Online. 29 June 2015, 11:36 AM, PDT)
- Taylor Swift Hangs Out With Gwyneth Paltrow and Her Son in London (From Popsugar. 29 June 2015, 8:49 AM, PDT)
- Taylor Swift, Gwyneth Paltrow, Son Moses Hang at London Concert: See the Photo (From Us Weekly. 29 June 2015, 3:47 AM, PDT)