Martin Deer wonders whether comic book movies could be fueling the Hollywood reboot culture...
Remakes in Hollywood are certainly not a new thing. 1957's An Affair to Remember starring Cary Grant, considered one of the most romantic films of all time, is actually a remake of the 1939 film Love Affair. Alfred Hitchcock remade his own 1934 movie The Man Who Knew Too Much in 1956, and basically since the 1920s when many silent films were remade to include sound, remakes have been a part of Hollywood. But recently it has felt like we're constantly hearing of films being remade - and in particular beloved franchises getting the remake treatment - and I'm wondering if perhaps comic book movies might have a little something to do with that.
- Flickering Myth
Similar News ItemsWarner Bros. [us]
- Nielsen to Measure Svod Ratings: NBCU, A&E, Disney, Lionsgate, Warner Bros Are Already on Board (From The Wrap. 18 October 2017, 3:00 AM, PDT)
- The Heartbreaking Detail From Goblet of Fire That We Never Noticed Before (From BuzzSugar. 18 October 2017, 2:11 AM, PDT)
- Today in Movie Culture: 'Geostorm' Pranks New York City, Alternate 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Endings and More (From Movies.com. 17 October 2017, 11:00 PM, PDT)
Christopher Nolan (I)
- WB Looking To Push ‘Blade Runner 2049’, ‘Wonder Woman’ & ‘Dunkirk’ For Oscar (From The Hollywood News. 18 October 2017, 1:02 AM, PDT)
- Christian Bale Hit Heath Ledger for Real in The Dark Knight (From MovieWeb. 17 October 2017, 10:27 AM, PDT)
- Heath Ledger Told Christian Bale To Actually Punch Him In The Dark Knight (From We Got This Covered. 17 October 2017, 9:26 AM, PDT)
James Cameron (I)
- Practical-ly Perfect: Pennywise, Past and Present with Alec Gillis, Tom Woodruff Jr., and Bart Mixon (From DailyDead. 17 October 2017, 3:08 PM, PDT)
- 31 Movies That Have Grossed $1 Billion Worldwide (Photos) (From The Wrap. 17 October 2017, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- Watch the New Cast of ‘The Avatar Sequels’ Visit Pandora at Animal Kingdom (From Collider.com. 16 October 2017, 9:37 AM, PDT)