Chicago – “The Bling Ring” is the latest film from director Sofia Coppola. Her universe of the American Dream is filtered through a circumstance of Hollywood privilege. Who better to understand the end of the world than a director in the grasp of the modern film industry? The end is near.
The following are five signs of the coming apocalypse as filtered through “The Bling Ring.” The white hot nature of the left coast comes through as they are closest to the flame of the end, and therefore produce entertainments that presuppose those days. “The Bling Ring,” besides being excellent social commentary on L.A. society, has the following signs of the essential end of times.
Photo credit: A24
The Celebrity Culture Becomes Culture
The worship of celebrity becomes so acute in “The Bling Ring »
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Adam Fendelman)
Similar News ItemsEmma Watson (II)
- You Have to See Lupita Nyong'o's Met Gala Hairpiece to Believe It (From E! Online. 2 May 2016, 6:07 PM, PDT)
- Emma Watson's Met Gala Appearance Proves She's Actually Magical in Real Life (From Popsugar. 2 May 2016, 5:53 PM, PDT)
- Everything You Need to Know About Princess Kate's Vogue Cover Shoot: The Hair, the Car and (Of Course) the Clothes (From PEOPLE.com. 2 May 2016, 12:55 PM, PDT)
- Watch: Dane DeHaan Falls for Alicia Vikander in First ‘Tulip Fever’ Trailer (From Variety - Film News. 28 April 2016, 12:53 PM, PDT)
- Sherlock Holmes 3: new writer boards project (From Den of Geek. 26 April 2016, 10:17 PM, PDT)
- James Coyne to Scribe 'Sherlock Holmes 3' (From LatinoReview. 26 April 2016, 7:06 PM, PDT)
- Daily | Alphaville, desistfilm, Zeman (From Keyframe. 26 April 2016, 8:53 AM, PDT)
- Daily | Alphaville, desistfilm, Zeman (t) (From Fandor: Keyframe (t). 26 April 2016, 8:53 AM, PDT)
- Cannes 2016: Full jury announced (From The Hollywood News. 25 April 2016, 10:50 AM, PDT)