Etheridge made the news public via Twitter. Over two tweets, Etheridge revealed: "I look forward to exercising my American civil liberties and getting fully, completely and legally married this year to my true love of over three years, Linda Wallem."
Etheridge's announcement follows the U.S. Supreme Court's historic ruling that the Defense of Marriage Act is unconstitutional and dismissal of a ruling on Proposition 8 in California -- where Etheridge and Wallem reside.
Etheridge also celebrated that news with the tweet: "Lets hear it for the general progress of the human mind. With a beautiful sweep of sweet justice's blind hand we move forward."
Read more celebrity Twitter reactions here. »
Similar News Items"Nurse Jackie" (2009)
- New trailer for Marvel & Netflix’s ‘The Punisher’ (From Blogomatic3000. 18 August 2017, 1:01 PM, PDT)
- Shondaland's For the People Adds Leftovers' Jasmin Savoy Brown as Lead (From TVLine.com. 16 August 2017, 5:31 PM, PDT)
- Exclusive Interview: Makeup artist Sarit Klein discusses Marvel’s The Defenders (From Flickeringmyth. 15 August 2017, 3:45 AM, PDT)
- Everything That Has Happened Since Angelina Jolie Filed For Divorce From Brad Pitt (From Popsugar. 9 August 2017, 10:15 AM, PDT)
- Kathy Bates Was ‘Warned’ Not to Disclose Past Cancer Diagnosis Out of Fear It Could Negatively Impact Her Career (From PEOPLE.com. 12 July 2017, 6:03 PM, PDT)
- Kathy Bates on Cancer Battle and Double Mastectomy: 'I Don't Have Breasts, So Why Do I Have to Pretend I Do?' (From Entertainment Tonight. 11 July 2017, 1:54 PM, PDT)
- Rocko’s Modern Life reunites original voice cast for TV movie (From Flickeringmyth. 24 June 2017, 11:49 AM, PDT)
- Rocko's Modern Life Movie Gets a Title, Brings Back Original Cast (From MovieWeb. 22 June 2017, 3:38 PM, PDT)
- Rocko's Modern Life: Original Voice Cast Reuniting for TV Movie in 2018 (From TVLine.com. 22 June 2017, 9:00 AM, PDT)