The award is a propitious sign in the lead-up to the Lao-set film.s premiere on August 29. Sitthiphon Disamoe stars as Ahlo, a boy who enters a rocket festival competition to help save his poverty-stricken family after they are uprooted by the construction of a hydro-electric dam.
The gong for most popular documentary went to The Crossing, director Julian Harvey.s account of two young Aussies, Clark Carter and Chris Bray, who decide to cross a remote island in the Arctic for the hell of it.
The Rocket beat Saudi Arabian director Haifaa Al Mansour.s Wadjda, Iranian director Asghar Farhadi.s The Past, Belgian director Felix van Groeningen.s The Broken Circle Breakdown and Spanish director Pablo Berger.s Blancanieves.
In the docs category »
- Don Groves
Similar News ItemsAsghar Farhadi
- The Salesman (From Trailers from Hell. 25 April 2017, 1:27 PM, PDT)
- Frémaux spills the beans on Cannes Official Selection process (From ScreenDaily. 12 April 2017, 1:08 AM, PDT)
- Thierry Frémaux spills the beans on Cannes Official Selection (From ScreenDaily. 12 April 2017, 1:08 AM, PDT)
The Broken Circle Breakdown (2012)
- Christian Convery cast as Steve Carell’s son in Beautiful Boy (From Flickeringmyth. 27 April 2017, 8:40 PM, PDT)
- Steve Carell’s Drama ‘Beautiful Boy’ Casts Christian Convery (From Variety - Film News. 3 April 2017, 8:57 AM, PDT)
- Amazon Studios Banks on Indie Auteurs at CinemaCon Preview (From Thompson on Hollywood. 30 March 2017, 6:55 PM, PDT)
Stories We Tell (2012)
- Sarah Polley To Direct ‘The Best Kind Of People’ (From The Playlist. 12 April 2017, 12:15 PM, PDT)
- Sarah Polley Tackling Indie Drama 'The Best Kind of People' (Exclusive) (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 10 April 2017, 2:58 PM, PDT)
- Stephen King: 5 Unadapted Stories That Would Make Excellent Movies (From Indiewire. 8 April 2017, 1:31 PM, PDT)