What first drew you to acting?
It happened by chance. I was brought up as a dancer, and was studying Russian ballet at a school, Corona, when an agency asked me to audition for Cleopatra [the 1963 film]. I went along two hours early to tell them I couldn't go since I had to go and buy ballet shoes. The director, Joseph L Mankiewicz, was just going out the door. We had an informal chat, and the next thing I knew I had an acting career.
What was your big breakthrough?
Doing a musical with Jane Birkin in a West End show called Passion Flower Hotel. It put me on the map – not least because Barbra Streisand's recording of the lead song, How Much of the Dream Comes True, »
- Laura Barnett
Similar News ItemsRoman Polanski (I)
- MoMA Slates Fall Bardfest With 21 Shakespeare-Related Films (From Deadline. 29 August 2016, 10:43 AM, PDT)
- ‘The Birth of a Nation’: Oscar Voters Debate If They’re Going to See Nate Parker’s Drama After Scandal (From Indiewire. 24 August 2016, 2:10 PM, PDT)
- Mulholland Drive Tops BBC's 100 Best Movies of the 21st Century List (From MovieWeb. 23 August 2016, 12:21 PM, PDT)
- Celebrity Apprentice, Emerald City Premiere Dates Announced (From TVLine.com. 29 August 2016, 2:46 PM, PDT)
- Grimm to End With Season 6 (From TVLine.com. 29 August 2016, 2:32 PM, PDT)
- ‘Egregious’ Donald Trump App Can Vacuum Up Your Contact List, Tech Experts Say (From The Wrap. 26 August 2016, 12:14 PM, PDT)
- Emmy Predictions 2016: Makeup and Hair Standouts Are Glam Attention Grabbers (From Indiewire. 29 August 2016, 9:04 AM, PDT)
- Film Review: ‘Mohenjo Daro’ (From Variety - Film News. 16 August 2016, 11:46 AM, PDT)
- Our epic interview with Ivan Reitman looks to the past and the future for 'Ghostbusters' (From Hitfix. 17 July 2016, 8:45 PM, PDT)