Self-taught writer-director Richard Linklater was among the most successful talents to emerge from the new wave of independent American filmmakers in the 1990s. Typically setting each of his movies during one 24-hour time period – and with non-formulaic narratives about seemingly random occurrences – Linklater’s work explored what he dubbed “the youth rebellion continuum.” In the early 1990s, his debut feature Slacker was hailed as something of a manifesto for Generation X, and ever since, the filmmaker has earned a loyal fan-base world wide with such hits as Dazed and Confused, Before Sunrise. As big fans of the filmmaker, the Sound On Sight staff decided to vote on our ten favourite films from the director.
Note: There was two ties.
Similar News ItemsJustin Bieber
- The Twisted Saga of Exes (From iCelebz. 31 July 2014, 8:55 PM, PDT)
- Selena Gomez Rocks Some Almost Impossibly Short Shorts (From Entertainment Tonight. 31 July 2014, 6:19 PM, PDT)
- Justin Bieber Was "Very Persistent" in Contacting Miranda Kerr After 2012 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show (From E! Online. 31 July 2014, 5:44 PM, PDT)
- Zac Efron & Michelle Rodriguez -- Make Out Session in Ibiza Nightclub (Video) (From TMZ. 1 August 2014, 6:16 AM, PDT)
- It Sure Looks Like Michelle Rodriguez and Zac Efron Are Still Together (From Popsugar. 1 August 2014, 6:03 AM, PDT)
- Zac Efron Reunites With Michelle Rodriguez on Luxury Yacht in Ibiza, Spain: Pictures (From Us Weekly. 1 August 2014, 2:55 AM, PDT)
- Ethan Hawke Is 'Jealous' of 'Boyhood' Star's Good Looks (Video) (From The Hollywood Reporter. 1 August 2014, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Best of Late Night TV: Julia Roberts' Face Balls and Chris Pratt's Taxidermy (Video) (From Moviefone. 1 August 2014, 12:35 AM, PDT)
- Roger & Me, Tiff Docs and Master Programmes announced for Tiff 2014 (From Flickeringmyth. 31 July 2014, 9:13 PM, PDT)