On Sunday, June 16, Showtime's Renaissance melodrama "The Borgias" came to an end after three seasons, which wasn't exactly what creator Neil Jordan wanted. He even wrote a two-hour movie script to wrap up all the character arcs, but Showtime opted not to shoot it.
But, as it is, the third and final season closed with Borgia family enemy Caterina Sforza (Gina McKee) defeated; Lucrezia's (Holliday Grainger) husband dead after being run through by the sword of her brother Cesare (Francois Arnaud), who had recently become her incestuous lover; and their father, Rodrigo Borgia (Jeremy Irons), a k a the nefarious Pope Alexander VI plotting to turn the Roman Catholic papacy from an elected office into a monastery.
Anyone who followed the recent election of humble, plain-spoken Argentinian Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio to become Pope Francis knows that Borgia failed utterly.
"I liked the ending," Arnaud tells Zap2it. "For my character and Lucrezia, »
Similar News ItemsJeremy Irons
- Jesse Eisenberg’s Lex Luthor reportedly absent from Justice League test screening (From Flickeringmyth. 21 September 2017, 6:41 AM, PDT)
- Zack Snyder says he won’t be returning to help complete Justice League (From Flickeringmyth. 20 September 2017, 6:53 AM, PDT)
- Annette Bening to Get BAFTA Career Retrospective (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 19 September 2017, 3:06 AM, PDT)
- Michael Irvin: Ezekiel Elliott Is a 'Ratings Baby,' Media Exploiting Scandal (From TMZ. 6 September 2017, 6:28 AM, PDT)
- Denver Broncos Crazy Rookie Hazing, Worst Haircuts Ever!!! (From TMZ. 23 August 2017, 12:18 PM, PDT)
- Grandmother Has Priceless Reaction When Tim Tebow Sends Her a Video Shoutout (From PEOPLE.com. 16 August 2017, 12:38 PM, PDT)
- Film News Roundup: Netflix Buys Clive Owen Thriller ‘Anon’ (From Variety - Film News. 15 September 2017, 6:24 PM, PDT)
- Netflix Lands Andrew Niccol’s ‘Anon’ For $4 Million – Toronto (From Deadline. 15 September 2017, 10:57 AM, PDT)
- First trailer for Amazon’s podcast adaptation Lore (From Flickeringmyth. 14 September 2017, 6:10 AM, PDT)