I’ll say one thing about Paramount’s official trailer for The Wolf of Wall Street, the new Martin Scorsese joint starring Leonardo DiCaprio as convicted stock market manipulator Jordan Belfort: It is impossible to look away from. It’s flashy, fast, and keenly edited to include only the most theatrical arrogance. Essay question: Am I attracted to Leonardo DiCaprio? Are we? I forget.
First, the trailer.
Everyone here’s playing a souped-up version of a previous role. Jonah Hill‘s know-it-all character from Moneyball has bloomed naturally into a cocky honcho type, Matthew McConaughey’s Magic Mike guru is now a hifalutin’, ultra-confident suit, and Leonardo DiCaprio is the white-collar criminal from Catch Me If You Can as re-conceived in Gordon Gekko’s image. On paper, Leo’s upgrade is ideal. »
- Louis Virtel
Similar News ItemsLeonardo DiCaprio
- The Week in Movies – first Captain America: Civil War trailer, Major Star Wars: Episode VIII spoiler, Batman v Superman details revealed? and much more… (From Flickeringmyth. 29 November 2015, 8:09 AM, PST)
- New international trailer for The Revenant (From Flickeringmyth. 27 November 2015, 2:10 PM, PST)
- A first crack at SAG predictions (From Hollywoodnews.com. 27 November 2015, 1:28 PM, PST)
- Murtada Gives Thanks (From FilmExperience. 25 November 2015, 9:50 AM, PST)
- New VOD and Digital Releases, Plus: Let 'Minions' Loose at Home Now, Two Weeks Before DVD and Blu-ray (From Movies.com. 24 November 2015, 4:30 PM, PST)
- What's New on TV, Netflix Streaming, Digital, and DVD/Blu-ray This Week: November 23-29 (From Moviefone. 23 November 2015, 6:00 AM, PST)
- Star-Lord's Dad Revealed in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2'? (From MovieWeb. 24 November 2015, 10:48 AM, PST)
- "Spotlight" Director Tom McCarthy to Receive Sonny Bono Visionary Award at 27th Annual Psiff Awards Gala (From Manny the Movie Guy. 24 November 2015, 10:08 AM, PST)
- In Praise of Adele, My Fat, Flawless Heroine (From Vulture. 24 November 2015, 6:56 AM, PST)