Neill Blomkamp, the director of the science fiction event of 2013, Elysium, made his name in sci-fi with District 9. That excellent film provided a gritty, memorable story, and solidified Blomkamp’s place as an expert of the genre. Because of this, many wanted him to have a shot at Star Wars: Episode VII, or at least one of the new Disney Star Wards films. In a recent interview with IGN, Blomkamp stated why he isn’t interested in Star Wars, and gave a bit of insight into another much anticipated project.
First, his thoughts on Star Wars. He said that while he’s a huge fan of the franchise, he doesn’t think directing one of the films is something he’d be interested in taking on. Check out that full quote below.
- Alexander Lowe
Similar News ItemsStar Wars (1977)
- Drag Race: Big Opening Pt 2 (From FilmExperience. 8 March 2014, 12:33 PM, PST)
- Carrie Fisher to Spend 6 Months Shooting ‘Star Wars: Episode 7′ (From Screen Rant. 8 March 2014, 8:47 AM, PST)
- Re-Viewed: Terry Gilliam's prescient sci-fi Brazil (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 8 March 2014, 1:30 AM, PST)
District 9 (2009)
- The movies that never win Oscars: Harry Potter, James Bond, more (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 27 February 2014, 10:30 AM, PST)
- Will the Academy Be Able to Suspend Disbelief for ‘Her’? (From Scott Feinberg. 26 February 2014, 6:37 AM, PST)
- Quiz: Can You Identify These Beloved Movies In 8-Bit Gif Form? (From Cinema Blend. 21 February 2014, 9:37 AM, PST)
- Hugh Jackman Says Wolverine Will Inevitably Be Recast (From MovieWeb. 4 March 2014, 10:03 AM, PST)
- Die Antwoord and Neill Blomkamp Wrap on Chappie (From Twitch. 1 March 2014, 1:30 AM, PST)
- Get Hard Comedy Gets Release Date, Will Ferrell and Kevin Hart to Star (From Worst Previews. 24 February 2014, 11:32 PM, PST)