As part of their second Frontières international co-production market, Montreal’s Fantasia International Film Festival has revealed its Off-Frontières selection of film projects.
The selection includes three projects from Québec, including Eddie: The Sleepwalking Cannibal director Boris Rodriguez’s next feature (Emerald Falls), as well as the latest documentary from Rewind This! director Josh Johnson (Canuxploitation).
Frontières market director Stephanie Trepanier told Screen: “We’re happy with the diversity of the Off-Frontières line-up. It allows us to feature more local projects and projects in a wider range of development stages.
“We’re also seeing more filmmakers with their first feature film project in there, which pleases us. The discovery and promotion of new genre filmmakers has always been an important element of Fantasia, and Frontières allows us to support them at an even earlier stage.”
The Frontières »
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Ian Sandwell)
Similar News ItemsLarry Fessenden
- Beneath | Review (From ioncinema. 24 July 2014, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- ‘The Battery’ Review (From Blogomatic3000. 22 July 2014, 8:07 AM, PDT)
- ‘Hellbenders’ Review (From Blogomatic3000. 21 July 2014, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Fantasia unveils Off-Frontières projects (From ScreenDaily. 17 June 2014, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- Frontières co-pro market unveils lineup (From ScreenDaily. 15 May 2014, 1:30 AM, PDT)
- Over 200 to attend Frontières (From ScreenDaily. 8 April 2014, 2:20 AM, PDT)
Jorge Michel Grau
- The Definitive Foreign Language Horror Films: 50-41 (From SoundOnSight. 7 July 2014, 12:45 PM, PDT)
- Fantasia Announces 2014 Off-Frontieres Film Market Selections (From Dread Central. 17 June 2014, 11:08 AM, PDT)
- Fantasia Announces Titles for Off-Frontieres Development Marketplace (From Twitch. 17 June 2014, 10:30 AM, PDT)