The trailer starts the words “An Icon” and “Adored by Millions” before following with lightbulbs flashing and red carpets. Watts’ face isn’t seen until she turns around and smiles modestly, much like the late princess.
eOne acquired U.S rights at Cannes from Embankment Films and Ecosse Films. It plans to release “Diana,” — which focuses on the last two years of her life — late this year and is also planning major releases in the U.K., Canada and Spain.
- Dave McNary
Similar News Items"Lost" (2004)
- Lost Episode Festival: The 2016 Lineup Includes The Greasy Strangler And Under The Shadow (From Screen Anarchy. 29 July 2016, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- The Creators of Once Upon a Time Just Revealed a Whole Lot About Season 6 (From BuzzSugar. 25 July 2016, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- Once Upon a Time Reveals Aladdin Storyline, Casts Oded Fehr as Jafar (From TVLine.com. 23 July 2016, 10:42 AM, PDT)
- Venice Film Festival Lineup Includes Mel Gibson, Tom Ford, Terrence Malick Movies (From Variety - Film News. 28 July 2016, 2:30 AM, PDT)
- Twin Peaks Pegged For Summer 2017 Premiere, David Lynch Reportedly Helmed All 18 Episodes (From We Got This Covered. 26 July 2016, 3:09 PM, PDT)
- Naomi Watts Wishes Her Son a Happy Birthday in a Sweet Instagram Post (From Popsugar. 26 July 2016, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- 27 Pictures of the British Royal Family Dancing Their Butts Off (From Popsugar. 29 July 2016, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Remembering Prince Charles and Lady Diana's Royal Wedding (and That Dress!) - 35 Years Later (From PEOPLE.com. 29 July 2016, 8:40 AM, PDT)
- Prince Harry's Regret About Princess Diana's Death (From E! Online. 25 July 2016, 12:42 PM, PDT)