David Hill is no stranger to tackling big events, but that doesn’t make his new job any easier.
The former Fox Sports chairman has been tapped to oversee Fox’s “American Idol” and “The X Factor,” both of which are in turmoil, struggling through ratings and unfortunate publicity in the last year.
Thrown into the breach after the departure of Fox reality chief Mike Darnell, Hill doesn’t have the option of cashing out on one show — primarily “X Factor” — and focusing his resources on just veteran hit “Idol.”
The net and Hill, then, are stuck with both shows at least in the near term, compounding viewer fatigue in a genre where NBC’s “The Voice” has become a formidable player.
- AJ Marechal
Similar News Items"American Idol" (2002)
- We haven't celebrated Justin Guarini's Diet Dr. Pepper commercial enough (From Hitfix. 26 March 2015, 3:20 PM, PDT)
- Wait, Is That Justin Guarini in the New Diet Dr. Pepper Commercial?! (From E! Online. 26 March 2015, 2:04 PM, PDT)
- Fox 2014-15 Season Ratings (updated 3/26/15) (From TVSeriesFinale. 26 March 2015, 1:37 PM, PDT)
- David Hasselhoff Performs Medley of 80's Hits On "American Idol" (From TooFab. 26 March 2015, 12:15 PM, PDT)
- 'American Idol' recap: Did You predict eliminations of Adanna Duru, Maddie Walker? (From Gold Derby. 25 March 2015, 11:05 PM, PDT)
- Recap: 'American Idol' Season 14 - Top 9 '80s Night and Double-Elimination (From Hitfix. 25 March 2015, 4:58 PM, PDT)
"The X Factor" (2004)
- New joint venture shoots Oz's first Indigenous teen drama (From IF.com.au. 15 March 2015, 2:09 PM, PDT)
- New joint venture shoots Oz's first Oz indigenous teen drama (From IF.com.au. 15 March 2015, 2:09 PM, PDT)
- New joint venture is shooting Oz's first Oz indigenous teen drama (From IF.com.au. 15 March 2015, 2:09 PM, PDT)