Gene Wilder is one of the few actors everyone can agree is hilarious and irreplaceable. What’s his best moment?
Gene Wilder is not just an extraordinary comic actor (and a fun dramatic one too, if you ever saw A&E’s whodunit Murder in a Small Town); he’s a singular presence who is an indelible part of our childhoods thanks to Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory and a huge part of our appreciation of great comedy, thanks to The Producers, Blazing Saddles, and Young Frankenstein. His performances are both dry and heartfelt, and you can’t say that much about anyone else.
Today’s his 80th birthday, and I dare you to handle it. What’s your favorite Gene Wilder moment?
- Louis Virtel
Similar News ItemsOscar Wilde
- New Demolition Trailer: Jake Gyllenhaal Is Destroying His Life in Order to Put It All Back Together (From Vulture. 4 February 2016, 10:49 AM, PST)
- Daisy Ridley, Lenny Abrahamson Among 2016 Oscar Wilde Honorees (From Backstage. 25 January 2016, 9:11 AM, PST)
- ‘Carol’ Sweeps Gay and Lesbian Entertainment Critics Awards (From Variety - Film News. 18 January 2016, 5:56 PM, PST)
Blazing Saddles (1974)
- TV Review: Espn’s ‘The ’85 Bears’ (From Variety - TV News. 2 February 2016, 7:15 AM, PST)
- The 100 Jokes That Shaped Modern Comedy (From Vulture. 31 January 2016, 6:00 PM, PST)
- 50 More of the Greatest Matte Paintings of All Time (From Shadowlocked. 28 December 2015, 5:56 AM, PST)
Young Frankenstein (1974)
- You'll Jump For Joy At The Dude Designs' Take On Jennifer Lawrence's New Film (From Twitch. 8 January 2016, 5:30 PM, PST)
- Contest: Win Scouts Guide To The Zombie Apocalypse on Blu-ray / DVD (From DailyDead. 4 January 2016, 3:00 PM, PST)
- The WGA Names the 101 Funniest Screenplays of All Time (From Cinelinx. 31 December 2015, 5:13 PM, PST)