Lindsay Lohan's mother Dina is set to shoot a film about young drug addicts - and she's lined up her son to take a leading role.
The Mean Girls star's mum heads up production company Defiant Pictures and she is working on a new drama called Growing Defiant.
The movie is described as "the story of three life long friends from upper middle class Long Island, who delve into the underworlds of heroin" - and the actress' brother Michael Lohan, Jr. will star in the picture, according to TMZ.com.
Growing Defiant will begin shooting early next year.
Dina Lohan may draw on her own personal experiences for the film - daughter Lindsay has been in and out of jail and rehab this year and is currently serving out a three-month stint at California's Betty Ford clinic after failing two court-ordered drug tests.
Similar News ItemsLindsay Lohan
- The Snap: How and when to use new emojis (From Hitfix. 29 May 2015, 12:22 PM, PDT)
- Lindsay Lohan Completes Community Service, Is Officially Off Probation (From Uinterview. 29 May 2015, 7:36 AM, PDT)
- Lindsay Lohan fails to show up for court (From National Ledger. 29 May 2015, 12:45 AM, PDT)
Mean Girls (2004)
- Movies Under the Stars: Summer Outdoor Screenings in L.A. (From The Hollywood Reporter. 29 May 2015, 10:48 AM, PDT)
- "Emoji," "Photobomb," "Wtf" and More Hip Internet Phrases Officially Added to Merriam-Webster Dictionary (From E! Online. 26 May 2015, 1:52 PM, PDT)
- Rachel McAdams Is a Beautiful Bridesmaid at Sister Kayleen's Wedding—See the Photo! (From E! Online. 25 May 2015, 6:22 PM, PDT)
- Kris Jenner -- I'm About to Become the Only Momager in Hollywood (From TMZ. 26 May 2015, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Dina Lohan -- I'm Dating a Techie!!! (From TMZ. 19 May 2015, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Who could be going into the Celebrity Big Brother house? All the rumours (From Digital Spy - TV news. 11 May 2015, 9:30 AM, PDT)