Life, an upcoming biopic about James Dean‘s friendship with Life photographer Dennis Stock, is set to be directed by Dutch filmmaker Anton Corbijn. The project will chronicle the Dean and Stock’s unlikely connection, their cross-country road trip, and Stock’s career beginnings in photographing the young star.
Perhaps it will also answer a question I sometimes think about: Why the hell do people care so much about James Dean?
East of Eden, Rebel Without a Cause, and Giant are, no doubt, film classics. Dean earned posthumous Oscar nominations for Eden and Giant, and he was certainly a great-looking 24-year-old whose urgent acting style was new and influential, like Marlon Brando‘s. But it’s bizarre that James Dean’s star still seems to outshine other matinee idols of the time like James Stewart, Gene Kelly, William Holden, or even Brando because James Dean died before he became excellent. »
- Louis Virtel
Similar News ItemsMarilyn Monroe
- New York Film Festival: Alex Gibney, Vanessa Redgrave, and Abel Ferrara Join Documentary Spotlight Lineup (From Thompson on Hollywood. 23 August 2017, 1:06 PM, PDT)
- New York Film Festival: Alex Gibney, Vanessa Redgrave, and Abel Ferrara Join Documentary Spotlight Lineup (From Indiewire. 23 August 2017, 1:06 PM, PDT)
- Jerry Lewis on His Secret Love Affair with Marilyn Monroe: 'I Was Crippled for a Week' (From PEOPLE.com. 20 August 2017, 2:55 PM, PDT)
My Week with Marilyn (2011)
- Watch Tom Hardy, Kenneth Branagh, Cillian Murphy And Harry Styles In Official Dunkirk Survival Teaser Trailer (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 14 December 2016, 10:27 AM, PST)
- Check Out The First Poster For Christopher Nolan’s Dunkirk (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 13 December 2016, 8:18 AM, PST)
- Poem-play 'Pink Mist' set for big screen adaptation (From ScreenDaily. 7 December 2016, 4:39 AM, PST)
- Marlon Brando on Acting in 1973 Interview with Dick Cavett (From TVovermind.com. 21 August 2017, 1:30 PM, PDT)
- Richard Stanley may get another chance at The Island of Dr. Moreau (From Flickeringmyth. 20 August 2017, 8:30 PM, PDT)
- Scott Glenn on 'The Defenders' and Why 'Silence of the Lambs' Is a Coming-of-Age Movie (From Rolling Stone. 18 August 2017, 1:00 PM, PDT)