Recent hot cinema topics such as the portrayal of the Mandarin character in Shane Black’s Iron Man 3 and speculations about what classic Star Trek villain Benedict Cumberbatch’s character in J.J Abrams’ Star Trek: Into Darkness was modeled after leading up to the film’s release, among others, underline the importance of great villains in genre cinema.
Creating a great cinematic villain is a difficult goal that makes for an incredibly rewarding and memorable viewer experience when it is achieved.
We’ll now take a look at the greatest film villains. Other writing on this subject tends to be a bit unfocused, as “greatest villain” articles tend to mix live-action human villains with animated characters and even animals. Many of these articles also lack a cohesive quality as they attempt to cover too much ground at once by spanning all of film history.
This article focuses on the 1970’s, »
- Terek Puckett
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Top 5 Movie Cars of All Time (From HeyUGuys. 8 March 2014, 3:00 AM, PST)
- 10 Stories You Might Have Missed: 'Fifty Shades' producer not yet in sequel mode (From Hitfix. 7 March 2014, 10:41 PM, PST)
- International Women's Day, 1982 Rulez: this week's new film events (From The Guardian - Film News. 7 March 2014, 10:00 PM, PST)
Star Wars (1977)
- Re-Viewed: Terry Gilliam's prescient sci-fi Brazil (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 8 March 2014, 1:30 AM, PST)
- Hey You Geeks!! Podcast #18: New Trailers, New Batman and of course, Star Wars (From SoundOnSight. 7 March 2014, 5:19 PM, PST)
- Carrie Fisher Is Supposedly Gonna Be On The Star Wars Set For How Long? (From Cinema Blend. 7 March 2014, 5:19 PM, PST)
- Johnny Carson Sex Tape Hits the Market -- Check Out This Mono-Log (From TMZ. 8 March 2014, 1:00 AM, PST)
- The Week in Spandex - Batman vs. Superman, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, The Avengers: Age of Ultron, Watchmen, Gotham, Arrow, The Flash and more (From Flickeringmyth. 7 March 2014, 11:57 PM, PST)
- New trailer for Frank featuring Michael Fassbender as Frank Sidebottom (From Flickeringmyth. 7 March 2014, 10:53 PM, PST)