Two days before prestige pic “Blood Ties” screens at Cannes, Worldview Entertainment has picked up rights to Marilyn Monroe biopic “Blonde” with “Killing Them Softly” helmer Andrew Dominik set to helm.
Dominik also penned the script, an adaptation of Joyce Carol Oates’ fictionalized bio about the late star.
Wild Bunch is handling international sales on the project, while CAA (which arranged financing for the project and reps Dominik) will package and rep domestic rights.
Worldview’s 2013 slate includes dramas “Song One,” Zach Braff’s “Wish I Was Here,” and David Gordon Green’s “Manglehorn.” In addition to “Blood Ties,” company has “The Immigrant” and “Jimmy P.” preeming at Cannes. »
- Rachel Abrams
Similar News ItemsMarilyn Monroe
- Lost Footage Of Marilyn Monroe In ‘The Seven Year Itch’ Emerges (From The Playlist. 19 January 2017, 12:59 PM, PST)
- Paris Jackson Gives Old Hollywood Vibes in New Photo Shoot as She Joins the Ranks of Celebrity Kids Who Model (From E! Online. 18 January 2017, 9:52 AM, PST)
- This Is Us Season 1 Episode 12 Review: The Big Day (From TVfanatic. 17 January 2017, 8:50 PM, PST)
- Golden Globes 2017 After-Parties: Stars Mingle With Their A-List Squads at Swanky Soirees (From Entertainment Tonight. 9 January 2017, 8:53 AM, PST)
- Ed Sheeran Played His New Album For The ‘Game of Thrones’ Cast During ‘Surreal’ House Party (From ET Canada. 6 January 2017, 3:58 PM, PST)
- Random! Ed Sheeran Played His New Album for the 'Game of Thrones' Cast During 'Surreal' House Party (From Entertainment Tonight. 6 January 2017, 2:51 PM, PST)
David Gordon Green
- Sundance Review: ‘Dayveon’ is a Gangster Drama Grounded in Economic Necessity (From The Film Stage. 21 January 2017, 10:07 AM, PST)
- 'Dayveon': Film Review | Sundance 2017 (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 20 January 2017, 8:41 AM, PST)
- Sundance Film Review: ‘Dayveon’ (From Variety - Film News. 20 January 2017, 1:30 AM, PST)