Toy company Hasbro Inc. has filed a lawsuit against Sweetpea Entertainment, alleging that it has no right to make a new film based on the "Dungeons and Dragons" brand.
The lawsuit seeks an injunction to stop the project moving forward. Said project is currently in development at Warner Bros. Pictures, though Warners is Not listed as a defendant.
They say Sweetpea Entertainment acquired the rights to "Dungeons & Dragons" in 1994 which were used to make the 2000 live-action feature. They also claim those rights have since reverted back to the toy company.
Source: THR Esq. »
- Garth Franklin
Similar News ItemsWrath of the Titans (2012)
- Point Break remake trailer! (From The Hollywood News. 27 May 2015, 12:00 AM, PDT)
- Jonny Quest is zooming onto the big screen in new movie from Robert Rodríguez (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 26 May 2015, 12:52 PM, PDT)
- Film Biz on the Canary Islands Takes Flight as Tax Breaks Lure Producers (From Variety - Film News. 16 May 2015, 10:15 AM, PDT)
David Johnson (III)
- 'Something Wicked' Remake Set in the 80s; Has Amblin Feel (From MovieWeb. 16 January 2015, 5:16 PM, PST)
- James Wan’s ‘Conjuring 2′ Brings on ‘Wrath of the Titans’ Scribe for Rewrite (Exclusive) (From The Wrap. 6 January 2015, 3:24 PM, PST)
- 'Something Wicked This Way Comes' Adds 'Walking Dead' Writer (From MovieWeb. 30 October 2014, 7:14 PM, PDT)
E. Gary Gygax
- 'The Great Kingdom' Trailer: The Crazy Story Behind the Creation of 'Dungeons & Dragons' Is Finally Being Told (From Movies.com. 29 January 2014, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Larp Homage ‘Knights Of Badassdom’ Character Posters Released! (From The Hollywood News. 21 January 2014, 1:33 PM, PST)
- Producer Aims to Stop 'Dungeons & Dragons' Film Lawsuit (From The Hollywood Reporter. 16 December 2013, 1:56 PM, PST)