Toy company Hasbro Inc. has filed a lawsuit against Sweetpea Entertainment, alleging that it has no right to make a new film based on the "Dungeons and Dragons" brand.
The lawsuit seeks an injunction to stop the project moving forward. Said project is currently in development at Warner Bros. Pictures, though Warners is Not listed as a defendant.
They say Sweetpea Entertainment acquired the rights to "Dungeons & Dragons" in 1994 which were used to make the 2000 live-action feature. They also claim those rights have since reverted back to the toy company.
Source: THR Esq. »
- Garth Franklin
Similar News ItemsWrath of the Titans (2012)
- Wondering Who Actually Plays Darth Vader in Rogue One? (From BuzzSugar. 15 December 2016, 12:45 PM, PST)
- Movie Review – Ben-Hur (2016) (From Flickeringmyth. 5 September 2016, 4:10 AM, PDT)
- A Lesson of the ‘Ben-Hur’ Debacle: Movie Stars Still Matter (From Variety - Film News. 20 August 2016, 11:19 AM, PDT)
David Leslie Johnson
- Coming Distractions: Katherine Heigl and Rosario Dawson fail the Bechdel test in Unforgettable trailer (From The AV Club. 14 December 2016, 9:18 AM, PST)
- Unforgettable trailer: Katherine Heigl plays stalker (From Den of Geek. 13 December 2016, 10:22 PM, PST)
- The Walking Dead season 7 episode 6 review: Swear (From Den of Geek. 28 November 2016, 1:46 AM, PST)
E. Gary Gygax
- Army of One starring Nicolas Cage drops a f*cking bonkers-ass trailer (From JoBlo. 12 October 2016, 1:17 PM, PDT)
- Gary Gygax Estate Partners With ‘Transformers’ Producer Tom DeSanto (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 27 July 2016, 7:52 AM, PDT)
- 'Stranger Things': How Netflix's Retro Hit Resurrects the Eighties (From Rolling Stone. 21 July 2016, 6:30 AM, PDT)