Toy company Hasbro Inc. has filed a lawsuit against Sweetpea Entertainment, alleging that it has no right to make a new film based on the "Dungeons and Dragons" brand.
The lawsuit seeks an injunction to stop the project moving forward. Said project is currently in development at Warner Bros. Pictures, though Warners is Not listed as a defendant.
They say Sweetpea Entertainment acquired the rights to "Dungeons & Dragons" in 1994 which were used to make the 2000 live-action feature. They also claim those rights have since reverted back to the toy company.
Source: THR Esq. »
- Garth Franklin
Similar News ItemsWrath of the Titans (2012)
- ‘Invasion of the Body Snatchers’ Remake in the Works at Warner Bros. (From Variety - Film News. 19 July 2017, 3:51 PM, PDT)
- The Conjuring 3 confirmed, new writer hired (From Den of Geek. 26 June 2017, 2:17 PM, PDT)
- ‘Conjuring 3’ in the Works With David Leslie Johnson Attached to Write Script (From Variety - Film News. 26 June 2017, 1:17 PM, PDT)
David Leslie Johnson
- Invasion of the Body Snatchers remake coming from The Conjuring 2 writer and Predator producer (From Flickeringmyth. 20 July 2017, 11:30 PM, PDT)
- New 'Invasion of the Body Snatchers' on its Way from 'The Conjuring 2' Writer (From Movies.com. 20 July 2017, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- A Fifth Invasion Of The Body Snatchers Movie Is Headed Our Way (From We Got This Covered. 20 July 2017, 7:35 AM, PDT)
E. Gary Gygax
- Tom Hanks' film debut was a drama about Dungeons & Dragons (From Den of Geek. 28 March 2017, 6:14 AM, PDT)
- Army of One starring Nicolas Cage drops a f*cking bonkers-ass trailer (From JoBlo. 12 October 2016, 1:17 PM, PDT)
- Gary Gygax Estate Partners With ‘Transformers’ Producer Tom DeSanto (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 27 July 2016, 7:52 AM, PDT)