Toy company Hasbro Inc. has filed a lawsuit against Sweetpea Entertainment, alleging that it has no right to make a new film based on the "Dungeons and Dragons" brand.
The lawsuit seeks an injunction to stop the project moving forward. Said project is currently in development at Warner Bros. Pictures, though Warners is Not listed as a defendant.
They say Sweetpea Entertainment acquired the rights to "Dungeons & Dragons" in 1994 which were used to make the 2000 live-action feature. They also claim those rights have since reverted back to the toy company.
Source: THR Esq. »
- Garth Franklin
Similar News ItemsWrath of the Titans (2012)
- Watch Fmtv Movie Newsgasm #10 – Star Wars cast update! New Gotham images! (From Flickeringmyth. 5 September 2014, 9:15 AM, PDT)
- 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' IMAX 3D Release Announced (From MovieWeb. 4 September 2014, 3:54 PM, PDT)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Heading to IMAX for One Week (From Cinelinx. 4 September 2014, 1:07 PM, PDT)
David Johnson (III)
- Awards Season Continues With Visual Effects, Sound Mixing And Makeup Nominations (From We Got This Covered. 14 January 2014, 6:41 PM, PST)
- Mob City, Ep.1.05 and 1.06, “Oxpecker” and “Stay Down”: Final Offer (From SoundOnSight. 18 December 2013, 10:14 PM, PST)
- Cinema’s Greatest Villains: The 2000s (From SoundOnSight. 28 August 2013, 11:00 PM, PDT)
E. Gary Gygax
- Artist Brings Classic 'Dungeons & Dragons' Monsters to 3D Life (From FEARnet. 6 March 2014)
- 'The Great Kingdom' Trailer: The Crazy Story Behind the Creation of 'Dungeons & Dragons' Is Finally Being Told (From Movies.com. 29 January 2014, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Larp Homage ‘Knights Of Badassdom’ Character Posters Released! (From The Hollywood News. 21 January 2014, 1:33 PM, PST)