About a week ago Deadline reported that Warner Bros had acquired the rights to make a Dungeons & Dragons movie based on the board game Chainmail.
The project, co-produced by Courtney Solomon (who directed Dungeons & Dragons in 2000) of Sweetpea Entertainment has now run into a legal battle.
Toy company Hasbro has filed a copyright and trademark infringement complaint against Sweetpea Entertainment, alleging that Solomon is “falsely representing” the D & D rights that Sweetpea has.
In response to Hasbro’s complaint, Solomon said, “This is nothing but shameless opportunism on the part of Hasbro, an effort to use the Court and the legal process in an attempt to delay the project. We intend to deal with them quickly and firmly and we are confident we will prevail – just as we did in the 1990’s, »
- Alex Corey
Similar News ItemsWarner Bros. [us]
- [Media] - "Mad Max: Fury Road" TV Spot Explosion (From OhMyGore. 18 January 2038, 8:14 PM, PST)
- Korea Box Office: ‘Twenty’ Scores Big Opening, ‘Whiplash’ and ‘Kingsman’ Still Strong (From Variety - Film News. 29 March 2015, 9:30 PM, PDT)
- Memorable Highlights From The 2015 TCM Film Festival (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 29 March 2015, 9:04 PM, PDT)
Universal Pictures [us]
- New Jurassic World TV Spot – The Park Is Open June 12 (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 29 March 2015, 7:49 PM, PDT)
- New Jurassic World TV Spot Shows More Mayhem at the Park (From Collider.com. 29 March 2015, 7:49 PM, PDT)
- HollywoodChicago.com Hookup: 40 Pairs of IMAX Passes to ‘Furious 7’ With Vin Diesel, Paul Walker (From HollywoodChicago.com. 28 March 2015, 11:10 AM, PDT)
Wrath of the Titans (2012)
- 'Tmnt' Director Takes on King Arthur Tale 'Man at Arms' (From MovieWeb. 20 March 2015, 5:45 PM, PDT)
- 'Ninja Turtles' Director Taking on 'Unforgiven'-esque King Arthur Tale (From FirstShowing.net. 20 March 2015, 4:11 PM, PDT)
- Liebesman To Helm Old "King Arthur" Film (From Dark Horizons. 20 March 2015, 1:02 PM, PDT)