About a week ago Deadline reported that Warner Bros had acquired the rights to make a Dungeons & Dragons movie based on the board game Chainmail.
The project, co-produced by Courtney Solomon (who directed Dungeons & Dragons in 2000) of Sweetpea Entertainment has now run into a legal battle.
Toy company Hasbro has filed a copyright and trademark infringement complaint against Sweetpea Entertainment, alleging that Solomon is “falsely representing” the D & D rights that Sweetpea has.
In response to Hasbro’s complaint, Solomon said, “This is nothing but shameless opportunism on the part of Hasbro, an effort to use the Court and the legal process in an attempt to delay the project. We intend to deal with them quickly and firmly and we are confident we will prevail – just as we did in the 1990’s, »
- Alex Corey
Similar News ItemsWarner Bros. [us]
- 8 Movie Heroes Who Definitely Have Personality Disorders (From Obsessed with Film. 10 February 2016, 6:36 AM, PST)
- Off The Shelf – Episode 77 – New DVD & Blu-ray Releases for Tuesday, February 10th 2016 (From CriterionCast. 10 February 2016, 5:00 AM, PST)
- Time Warner Reports Mixed Quarterly Results Due to Movie Flops (From Variety - Film News. 10 February 2016, 4:23 AM, PST)
Universal Pictures [us]
- Watch the First Trailer for The Purge: Election Year (From DailyDead. 10 February 2016, 8:21 AM, PST)
- Watch: First Trailer For 'The Purge: Election Year' Starring Frank Grillo (From The Playlist. 10 February 2016, 8:16 AM, PST)
- Ptsd Drama Thank You For Your Service Recruits Amy Schumer (From We Got This Covered. 10 February 2016, 7:31 AM, PST)
Wrath of the Titans (2012)
- 'Aquaman' Movie Wants Amber Heard as Mera (From MovieWeb. 13 January 2016, 10:23 AM, PST)
- Movie News: 'Matrix' Stars Keanu Reeves and Laurence Fishburne Reunite; Watch Michael Bay's '13 Hours' TV Clip (From Movies.com. 21 December 2015, 12:00 PM, PST)
- News Briefs: 'Matrix' Stars Keanu Reeves and Laurence Fishburne Reunite (From Fandango. 20 December 2015, 9:39 PM, PST)