About a week ago Deadline reported that Warner Bros had acquired the rights to make a Dungeons & Dragons movie based on the board game Chainmail.
The project, co-produced by Courtney Solomon (who directed Dungeons & Dragons in 2000) of Sweetpea Entertainment has now run into a legal battle.
Toy company Hasbro has filed a copyright and trademark infringement complaint against Sweetpea Entertainment, alleging that Solomon is “falsely representing” the D & D rights that Sweetpea has.
In response to Hasbro’s complaint, Solomon said, “This is nothing but shameless opportunism on the part of Hasbro, an effort to use the Court and the legal process in an attempt to delay the project. We intend to deal with them quickly and firmly and we are confident we will prevail – just as we did in the 1990’s, »
- Alex Corey
Similar News ItemsWarner Bros. [us]
- 18 Wonderful Harry Potter Pick Up Lines Every Muggle Should Try (From Obsessed with Film. 23 August 2014, 8:34 AM, PDT)
- ‘Sin City 2′ Bombs at Friday Box Office, ‘Guardians′ Will Be Back on Top (From Variety - Film News. 23 August 2014, 7:51 AM, PDT)
- Watch the Final Monstrous Battle in Godzilla (From GeekTyrant. 23 August 2014, 7:00 AM, PDT)
Universal Pictures [us]
- New A Walk Among The Tombstones Images: Liam Neeson and Dan Stevens Are on the Hunt (From Collider.com. 22 August 2014, 2:24 PM, PDT)
- 10 Most Compelling Pieces Of Evidence That Prove Time Travel Exists (From Obsessed with Film. 22 August 2014, 3:21 AM, PDT)
- Steven Spielberg Planning 'Minority Report' TV Show (From MovieWeb. 21 August 2014, 4:29 PM, PDT)
Wrath of the Titans (2012)
- Awesome Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes Concept Art (From ComicBookMovie. 19 August 2014, 3:46 PM, PDT)
- Cowabunga Giveaway – Win A Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Prizepack (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 11 August 2014, 10:42 AM, PDT)
- Shredder featurette for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (From Flickeringmyth. 11 August 2014, 9:30 AM, PDT)