Jack Bauer is officially back: Fox has confirmed its plans to bring "24" back to its airwaves next year.
The show will return in the summer of 2014 as an event series called "24: Live Another Day." Kiefer Sutherland has signed on to play Jack Bauer again, with the story picking up several years after the last season, which aired in 2009. There's no word yet on any other casting.
"Live Another Day" will run for 12 weeks and keep its real-time format, but Fox Entertainment Chairman Kevin Reilly says it may skip hours here and there.
"As [executive producer Howard Gordon] would design the season, the spine of the 24 episodes was really about 12 hours. Those were where the big events occurred, and then there were little twists and connective tissue in between," Reilly told reporters on a conference call Monday (May 13). Each episode of "Live Another Day" will still unfold over the course of an hour, but »
Similar News ItemsKiefer Sutherland
- Jack Bauer returns in first images from 24: Live Another Day (From Flickeringmyth. 7 March 2014, 11:31 AM, PST)
- 10 New Photos from 24: Live Another Day (From GeekTyrant. 7 March 2014, 9:30 AM, PST)
- New Photos From 24: Live Another Day Released (From Comingsoon.net. 7 March 2014)
Kevin Reilly (XII)
- ‘Glee’ Troupers Reflect on 100 Episodes of Laughs, Growing Pains (From Variety - TV News. 24 February 2014, 10:37 PM, PST)
- Fox Orders Suburban Family Thriller From Bruckheimer TV (From Variety - TV News. 24 February 2014, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Fox Orders Jerry Bruckheimer Drama Home (From TVGuide - Breaking News. 24 February 2014, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Benjamin Bratt Joins Fox's '24' Revival (From The Hollywood Reporter. 15 January 2014, 4:59 PM, PST)
- Fox's '24' Return Is Different From Film, Leaves Door Open for Reboot (From The Hollywood Reporter. 13 January 2014, 10:35 AM, PST)
- Mary Lynn Rajskub will return for '24: Live Another Day' (From Hitfix. 1 August 2013, 10:17 AM, PDT)