Because there always must be one renewal a year that truly confuses the masses, ABC has officially picked up "The Neighbors" for a second season, the network confirmed late Saturday (May 11).
Gearing up to the announcement of their 2013-14 schedule, the Alphabet network announced the lion's share of their renewals, cancellations and pilot pick-ups on Friday, leaving only "The Neighbors" and mid-season entry "Family Tools" up in the air.
While "Family Tools" got the boot (to the surprise of no one), the alien comedy's fate proved rosier. Though the series took a critical beating when it premiered and it never proved to be a ratings powerhouse, the Jami Gertz-starrer never cratered, either.
At any rate, prepare for more Zabrovians with famous athlete names on your TV this fall. »
Similar News Items"The Neighbors" (2012)
- ‘This Is Us’: How Dan Fogelman Broke Records and Hearts With NBC’s Hit (From Variety - TV News. 7 March 2017, 10:00 AM, PST)
- CBS Buys Stake in Aaron Kaplan’s Kapital Entertainment (From Variety - TV News. 10 February 2017, 7:13 AM, PST)
- Exclusive: Get Your Tissues Ready! 'This Is Us' Composer Reveals His Secret to Making You Cry (From Entertainment Tonight. 6 February 2017, 2:30 PM, PST)
- This Is Us Recap: Paths Not Taken (From TVLine.com. 1 November 2016, 7:41 PM, PDT)
- 'Lost Boys' Television Reboot Picked Up by CW (From Rolling Stone. 19 August 2016, 5:18 PM, PDT)
- The CW Developing The Lost Boys Series (From LRM Online. 19 August 2016, 5:33 AM, PDT)