Pinewood studios, the official home of the 007 films, requires major injection of funds to keep UK film industry afloat
The James Bond film franchise could be forced to move its base from the UK after more than 50 years, unless the greenlight is given for a dramatic increase in studio facilities in the space-starved movie industry, the head of Pinewood Shepperton has warned.
Pinewood Studios is the official home of the 007 spy franchise – of the 23 Bond films shot since Dr No debuted in 1962 only Moonraker and License to Kill have not been based there – and enjoys a close association with the Broccoli family that produces the films.
The 100-acre site in south Buckinghamshire is littered with reminders including the famous 007 stage, the location of the M16 bunker and tube disaster scene in Skyfall, a Goldfinger Avenue and a road named after late Bond producer Cubby Broccoli.
On Wednesday Pinewood will be »
- Mark Sweney
Similar News Items"Game of Thrones" (2011)
- 'Under the Dome' actor to star in Syfy thriller (From EW.com - Inside TV. 21 November 2014, 7:59 AM, PST)
- Why Natalie Dormer Acted Like a Boss on the Mockingjay - Part 1 Set (From Popsugar. 21 November 2014, 7:55 AM, PST)
- Why Natalie Dormer Acted Like a Boss on the Mockingjay - Part 1 Set (From BuzzSugar. 21 November 2014, 7:55 AM, PST)
- New UK sci-fi and fantasy shows to look out for in 2015 (From Den of Geek. 20 November 2014, 9:54 AM, PST)
- Skyfall writers to pen new BBC One spy thriller SS-gb (From Digital Spy - TV news. 20 November 2014, 2:29 AM, PST)
- Ian McKellen and Anthony Hopkins for BBC's The Dresser adaptation (From Digital Spy - TV news. 19 November 2014, 10:52 AM, PST)
Sam Mendes (I)
- Not Dead Yet: Bond 24 and Twin Peaks Season 3 Will Be Shot on Film (From Collider.com. 20 November 2014, 2:56 PM, PST)
- 'Interstellar' cinematographer on grounding Nolan's movie and shooting Bond on film (From Hitfix. 20 November 2014, 2:33 PM, PST)
- Christoph Waltz To Expect Mister Bond In 2015? (From The Hollywood News. 15 November 2014, 1:15 AM, PST)