Warner Brothers has acquired the film rights to the immensely popular role playing game, Dungeons & Dragons.
They already have a script from Wrath Of The Titans and Red Riding Hood’s David Leslie Johnson, which was entitled Chainmail and based on a game that preceded D&D, also created by Gary Gygax, before he teamed with Dave Arneson to make the billion dollar game that is Dungeons & Dragons. It will be changed to suit D&D.
The studio is making the franchise a priority, and is searching for directors to bring the project to a new direction. Roy Lee and Courtney Solomon are producing the movie. Obviously, D&D has gone the film route before, but the less said about the 2000 film, and its two direct to DVD follow ups, the better. »
- Andy Greene
Similar News ItemsRed Riding Hood (2011)
- Twin Peaks Cast Revealed! (And You’ll Never Believe some of the names!) (From Famous Monsters of Filmland. 25 April 2016, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- The Huntsman: Winter’s War Review (From We Got This Covered. 20 April 2016, 12:16 PM, PDT)
- Here’s How to Direct Catherine Hardwicke-Style (From Filmmaker Magazine. 9 March 2016, 6:00 AM, PST)
Wrath of the Titans (2012)
- Newswire: Robert Rodriguez won’t direct his Jonny Quest movie, but at least it’s faithful to the cartoon (From The AV Club. 29 July 2016, 9:17 AM, PDT)
- Ansel Elgort In Talks For Dungeons & Dragons (From ComicBookMovie. 27 June 2016, 6:26 PM, PDT)
- Ansel Elgort in Early Talks to Star in 'Dungeons & Dragons' (From The Hollywood Reporter. 27 June 2016, 3:51 PM, PDT)
Roy Lee (I)
- Toronto Film: "Taken", "Flatliners", "People Of Earth" (From SneakPeek. 25 July 2016, 7:33 AM, PDT)
- Sdcc 2016 : The Lego Batman Movie Comic-Con Trailer (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 23 July 2016, 10:59 PM, PDT)
- Watch The New Blair Witch Trailer; Plus Latest Poster (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 23 July 2016, 11:52 AM, PDT)