Warner Brothers has acquired the film rights to the immensely popular role playing game, Dungeons & Dragons.
They already have a script from Wrath Of The Titans and Red Riding Hood’s David Leslie Johnson, which was entitled Chainmail and based on a game that preceded D&D, also created by Gary Gygax, before he teamed with Dave Arneson to make the billion dollar game that is Dungeons & Dragons. It will be changed to suit D&D.
The studio is making the franchise a priority, and is searching for directors to bring the project to a new direction. Roy Lee and Courtney Solomon are producing the movie. Obviously, D&D has gone the film route before, but the less said about the 2000 film, and its two direct to DVD follow ups, the better. »
- Andy Greene
Similar News ItemsRed Riding Hood (2011)
- 8 Actors Who Could Be the Next Spider-Man! (From Entertainment Tonight. 11 February 2015)
- Wackiest Looks Ever at the Grammy Awards—Machine Gun Gowns, Barely-There Dresses & More! (From E! Online. 3 February 2015, 8:00 AM, PST)
- Sundance Film Review: ‘Digging for Fire’ (From Variety - Film News. 27 January 2015, 10:38 AM, PST)
Wrath of the Titans (2012)
- Spain Readies Big Foreign Shoot Tax Credits (From Variety - Film News. 4 March 2015, 1:40 AM, PST)
- Matt Milam Joins Sony Pictures as VP of Creative Production (From Variety - Film News. 20 February 2015, 4:25 PM, PST)
- The New 'Cinderella' Trailer Will Make You Swoon (Video) (From Moviefone. 11 February 2015, 1:15 AM, PST)
Roy Lee (I)
- Poltergeist Remake Release Date Bumped Up to May 22nd, 2015 (From DailyDead. 4 March 2015, 2:34 PM, PST)
- Adventure Time Heading To The Big Screen At Warner Bros. (From We Got This Covered. 2 March 2015, 6:14 AM, PST)
- Warner Bros. developing Adventure Time film with The Lego Movie producers (From JoBlo. 2 March 2015, 2:36 AM, PST)