The man accused in the deadly Colorado theater shootings wants to change his plea to not guilty by reason of insanity, his lawyers said Tuesday, despite their fears that the plea could severely hamper his ability to mount a defense against the death penalty.
James Holmes is charged with more than 160 counts of murder and attempted murder in the July 20 assault on a packed Aurora movie theater that killed 12 and injured 70. Prosecutors announced last month they would seek the death penalty.
Holmes was widely expected to plead insanity given the compelling evidence against him, but his attorneys put it off for weeks, »
- Associated Press
Similar News ItemsWilliam H. Sylvester
- Academy Buys ‘2001: A Space Odyssey’ Shuttle for $344,000 (From Variety - Film News. 29 March 2015, 12:43 PM, PDT)
- Re-Viewed: 2001 A Space Odyssey, Stanley Kubrick's sci-fi masterpiece (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 29 November 2014, 1:30 AM, PST)
- 2001: A Space Odyssey a dark visual essay on the failings of mankind (From SoundOnSight. 28 April 2013, 8:04 PM, PDT)
Tom Sullivan (XXV)
- ‘The Dark Horse,’ ‘Me & Earl & the Dying Girl’ Among Seattle International Film Fest Winners (From Variety - Film News. 7 June 2015, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Are You Ready to Eat Up The ABC's Soup of Death Rejects 3? (From Dread Central. 16 May 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Lucas Till, Joel Courtney, Ally Sheedy Join ‘Sins of Our Youth’ (From Variety - Film News. 7 August 2013, 5:04 PM, PDT)