What’s that sound? Listen. Hear it? Oh yes, it’s your childhood wincing. Standard practice for Hollywood now is their insistence on not leaving any stone unturned. Or any popular culture phenomenon without a reboot. On that note, it’s been confirmed that Warner Bros. have purchased the rights to Dungeons and Dragons in order to kickstart a rebooted film franchise.
David Leslie Johnson, who penned Wrath Of The Titans, is supplying the script. Johnson is to rework another script of his, Chainmail, which itself is based on the 1971 game which predates Dungeons and Dragons. Now that Warner Bros. have bagged the rights to a more profitable franchise, he’s rewriting it as a Dungeons film. He’ll not be out of his genre element either, as he’s previously delivered screenplays for Red Riding Hood, The Walking Dead and Orphan.
With the success of fantasy having risen in »
- Gem Seddon
Similar News Items"Game of Thrones" (2011)
- Lena Headey -- Son Must Return to the Us of A (From TMZ. 26 October 2016, 3:12 PM, PDT)
- 24 Jason Momoa Gifts For Only the Most Passionate Fan (From Popsugar. 26 October 2016, 12:30 PM, PDT)
- 44 Gifts For the Game of Thrones Fan (From BuzzSugar. 26 October 2016, 10:15 AM, PDT)
Warner Bros. [us]
- China Media Capital Trio Takes Control at Iconic Shaw Brothers (From Variety - Film News. 27 October 2016, 2:14 AM, PDT)
- Tom Hanks’ ‘Sully’ Set for China Release in December (From Variety - Film News. 26 October 2016, 7:17 PM, PDT)
- A New Trailer For Wonder Woman Starring Gal Gadot Has Been Classified (From ComicBookMovie. 26 October 2016, 6:46 PM, PDT)
"The Walking Dead" (2010)
- American Horror Story Season 6 Episode 7 Review: Chapter 7 (From TVfanatic. 26 October 2016, 11:17 PM, PDT)
- American Horror Story: Roanoke Is Wasting No Time Killing Everyone (From E! Online. 26 October 2016, 8:58 PM, PDT)
- ‘American Horror Story’ Recap: Chapter 7 Turns Villains Into Worm Food (From Variety - TV News. 26 October 2016, 8:08 PM, PDT)