What’s that sound? Listen. Hear it? Oh yes, it’s your childhood wincing. Standard practice for Hollywood now is their insistence on not leaving any stone unturned. Or any popular culture phenomenon without a reboot. On that note, it’s been confirmed that Warner Bros. have purchased the rights to Dungeons and Dragons in order to kickstart a rebooted film franchise.
David Leslie Johnson, who penned Wrath Of The Titans, is supplying the script. Johnson is to rework another script of his, Chainmail, which itself is based on the 1971 game which predates Dungeons and Dragons. Now that Warner Bros. have bagged the rights to a more profitable franchise, he’s rewriting it as a Dungeons film. He’ll not be out of his genre element either, as he’s previously delivered screenplays for Red Riding Hood, The Walking Dead and Orphan.
With the success of fantasy having risen in »
- Gem Seddon
Similar News Items"Game of Thrones" (2011)
- New look at Bb-8 and Daisy Ridley’s Rey in Star Wars: The Force Awakens (From Flickeringmyth. 25 April 2015, 12:06 PM, PDT)
- Ten Things About Dorne and House Martell | Game of Thrones (From Boomtron. 25 April 2015, 3:03 AM, PDT)
- Steelbook cover for The Rogue Cut of X-Men: Days of Future Past (From Flickeringmyth. 25 April 2015, 2:09 AM, PDT)
Warner Bros. [us]
- [Media] - "Mad Max: Fury Road" TV Spot Explosion (From OhMyGore. 18 January 2038, 8:14 PM, PST)
- Can Minions or Jurassic World beat Avengers: Age of Ultron for no. 1 this summer? (From Hitfix. 25 April 2015, 9:40 PM, PDT)
- Feature: Analysing The Joker's New Look; Has Suicide Squad Got It Right? (From ComicBookMovie. 25 April 2015, 10:31 AM, PDT)
"The Walking Dead" (2010)
- Konami Is Removing P.T. From PS4 Soon (From Cinelinx. 25 April 2015, 8:12 PM, PDT)
- Marvel and Telltale Games teaming up for video game series in 2017 (From Flickeringmyth. 25 April 2015, 8:14 AM, PDT)
- Rob Zombie Reveals Two More Photos from 31 (From DailyDead. 24 April 2015, 2:45 PM, PDT)