News Simon Brew 8 May 2013 - 06:56
A fresh attempt to make a hit movie franchise out Dungeons & Dragons is arriving from Warner Bros...
Even the most ardent Dungeons & Dragons fan isn't likely to have sat through the 2000 movie starring Jeremy Irons and concluded that it was a keeper. At a point when Lord Of The Rings and Harry Potter were firing fantasy cinema to box office and critical gold, Dungeons & Dragons endured a critical slaughtering and a box office return of $33m worldwide. The direct to DVD film that followed did not really improve matters.
However, it's now been revealed that Warner Bros is readying another attempt to bring Dungeons & Dragons to the big screen, in no way influenced by the fact that The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey overcame middling to good reviews to earn $1bn at the global box office.
This time, the screenplay for the movie has been penned by David Leslie Johnson. »
Similar News ItemsWarner Bros. [us]
- Ben Affleck Is Feeling Lots of Pressure for Batman v Superman to Be Good (From Vulture. 25 November 2015, 9:26 PM, PST)
- Black Mass director Scott Cooper in talks for spy thriller White Knight (From Flickeringmyth. 25 November 2015, 8:00 PM, PST)
- New Details Surface On WB’s Plans To Diversify DC Movies With Teen Titans And More (From We Got This Covered. 25 November 2015, 7:10 PM, PST)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012)
- "Force Awakens" Tracking For $185-210M Open (From Dark Horizons. 24 November 2015, 8:22 PM, PST)
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Heading for Massive $170 Million-Plus Opening (From Variety - Film News. 24 November 2015, 7:44 AM, PST)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens doubles previous advance ticket sales record (From Flickeringmyth. 21 November 2015, 5:13 AM, PST)
- Ben Affleck says there’s a “ton of pressure” on Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (From Flickeringmyth. 25 November 2015, 1:11 PM, PST)
- Two new posters for Ben Wheatley’s High-Rise (From Flickeringmyth. 25 November 2015, 9:40 AM, PST)
- 8 Great Double Performances From A Single Actor (From We Got This Covered. 25 November 2015, 7:00 AM, PST)