News Simon Brew 8 May 2013 - 06:56
A fresh attempt to make a hit movie franchise out Dungeons & Dragons is arriving from Warner Bros...
Even the most ardent Dungeons & Dragons fan isn't likely to have sat through the 2000 movie starring Jeremy Irons and concluded that it was a keeper. At a point when Lord Of The Rings and Harry Potter were firing fantasy cinema to box office and critical gold, Dungeons & Dragons endured a critical slaughtering and a box office return of $33m worldwide. The direct to DVD film that followed did not really improve matters.
However, it's now been revealed that Warner Bros is readying another attempt to bring Dungeons & Dragons to the big screen, in no way influenced by the fact that The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey overcame middling to good reviews to earn $1bn at the global box office.
This time, the screenplay for the movie has been penned by David Leslie Johnson. »
Similar News ItemsWarner Bros. [us]
- Warner Bros may gamble big on a four-movie 'Stand' from 'Fault In Our Stars' director (From Hitfix. 21 November 2014, 4:30 PM, PST)
- Editor Lee Smith says he could only play with time so much in 'Interstellar' (From Hitfix. 21 November 2014, 10:58 AM, PST)
- 'Get Hard' Poster Featuring Kevin Hart and Will Ferrell (From MovieWeb. 21 November 2014, 10:56 AM, PST)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012)
- Glenn Howerton Was 2nd Choice For Star-Lord In Guardians Of The Galaxy (From ComicBookMovie. 19 November 2014, 7:32 AM, PST)
- Hear Billy Boyd perform 'The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies' credits song (From Hitfix. 17 November 2014, 9:51 AM, PST)
- Listen to Billy Boyd’s Full Song for The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies (From GeekTyrant. 17 November 2014, 7:32 AM, PST)
- An Intimate Conversation With Mike Nichols (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 20 November 2014, 2:52 PM, PST)
- Oscar & Tony Winning Director Mike Nichols Dead At 83 (From Deadline New York. 20 November 2014, 4:41 AM, PST)
- Dev Patel drama 'Infinity' sells worldwide (From ScreenDaily. 18 November 2014, 1:27 AM, PST)