In medical trials around 99% of the subjects suffer no actual side effects from the drugs that are pumped into them, but what about the other 1%? That’s what The Facility takes as its core idea and although it’s not a true story, it is presented as if it’s a reconstruction of an actual event.
This is an area which horror has largely stayed away from but the pharmaceutical industry is presumably ripe for exploitation. The trouble with The Facility is writer and director Ian Clark forgets some essential elements required for this kind of story which render it fairly ineffective.
We start with several members of the public making their way to a building in the middle of nowhere (or the British countryside). We get to know the bare minimum about Joni (temp worker), Morty (unemployed professional guinea pig), Jed (alpha male estate agent), Arif (shy and troubled »
- Chris Holt
Similar News ItemsThe Thing (1982)
- Letters: Us, Bruckheimer's BBQ, making ofs and mystery TV (From Den of Geek. 17 July 2014, 4:02 AM, PDT)
- Horror History: Fascinating Video Compares The Thing's Original Storyboards to the Finished Film (From Dread Central. 16 July 2014, 11:56 AM, PDT)
- 2014's most influential director: John Carpenter? (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 16 July 2014, 11:54 AM, PDT)
- Film Review: ‘Ironclad: Battle for Blood’ (From Variety - Film News. 24 July 2014, 10:34 AM, PDT)
- Cilla Black to receive BAFTA Special Award (From Digital Spy - TV news. 8 May 2014, 4:01 PM, PDT)
- Cilla Black on being played by Sheridan Smith: 'She's fabulous' (From Digital Spy - TV news. 26 April 2014, 8:38 AM, PDT)
- Hot projects on Screenbase (From ScreenDaily. 2 July 2014, 2:58 AM, PDT)
- Long Time Coming wraps (From ScreenDaily. 1 July 2014, 5:42 AM, PDT)
- UK thriller Long Time Coming wraps (From ScreenDaily. 1 July 2014, 5:42 AM, PDT)