The film director marvels at how science and magic have become synonymous for most of us
What's your favourite piece of technology, and how has it improved your life?
Probably indoor plumbing – that is one of the great advances in civilisation, and probably the thing I appreciate the most. But technology is such a tenuous subject because it's always changing, So now if you leave home without your cellphone, you panic; 15 years ago you wouldn't even think about a cellphone. Technology is always rushing ahead.
What frustrates you about technology in general?
I've just turned 60. Now you can give any five-year-old a computer and they can just do it. I don't have that literacy. But what frustrates me most? That every major advance in technology comes out of war.
Is there any piece of technology that you have owned and hated?
Many. Cars, television sets – things that don't work. As technology advances, »
- Stuart O'Connor
Similar News ItemsThriller (1983) (TV)
- TV highlights 03/12/2013 (From The Guardian - TV News. 2 December 2013, 11:00 PM, PST)
- Now, Conrad Murray hits back at Mj's estate over penis holding claims (From RealBollywood. 29 November 2013, 9:34 PM, PST)
- John Landis slams film studios: "They're no longer in movie business" (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 25 November 2013, 9:23 AM, PST)
John Landis (I)
- Indie Spotlight (From DailyDead. 1 December 2013, 10:08 AM, PST)
- Horror site inks Content deal (From ScreenDaily. 29 November 2013, 1:52 AM, PST)
- Help Usher Video Watchdog in the Digital Realm! (From Destroy the Brain. 27 November 2013, 10:08 AM, PST)
An American Werewolf in London (1981)
- Daily Dead 2013 Holiday Gift Guide- Day Two (From DailyDead. 3 December 2013, 3:00 PM, PST)
- Happy 30th To Michael Jackson’s Thriller! (From Icons of Fright. 2 December 2013, 7:22 PM, PST)
- Remembering 'Michael Jackson's Thriller' 30 Years Later (From FEARnet. 2 December 2013, 3:00 PM, PST)