In a new interview with Company magazine, Demi Lovato admits to completely overhauling her social circle after her 2010 stint in rehab.
Lovato has previously been open about suffering from an eating disorder, self-mutilation and her bipolar disorder, and says that she quickly learned who her true friends are after spending three months in rehab.
Pics: Star Sightings
"A couple of months before I went to rehab, I had a birthday party and there were a couple of hundred people there. It was full of people who I considered my closest friends," she told Company magazine. "When I turned my phone on after being in rehab for three months, I expected lots of text messages and phone calls. I had four texts. That was a wake up call."
This led to paring down her list of "friends."
"I don't have loads of friends. I used to, but then I realized, do any of them actually care? Now I have »
Similar News ItemsTaylor Swift
- Taylor Swift Blazes Through Her Hits for 100,000 Adoring Fans During Her Return to the Stage, Her First & Only Show of 2016 (From E! Online. 22 October 2016, 6:12 PM, PDT)
- She’s Back! Taylor Swift Returns to the Stage for First Time in Nearly One Year and Plays Calvin Harris’ Song (From PEOPLE.com. 22 October 2016, 6:00 PM, PDT)
- Judge Seals Photo of Taylor Swift in Groping Lawsuit (From ET Canada. 22 October 2016, 8:34 AM, PDT)
- The All-Time Best Celebrities in Pop Culture Halloween Costumes (From Popsugar. 23 October 2016)
- The All-Time Best Celebrities in Pop Culture Halloween Costumes (From BuzzSugar. 23 October 2016)
- Miley Cyrus -- I'm with Her ... Huge Bodyguards Are with Me (Video) (From TMZ. 22 October 2016, 4:13 PM, PDT)
- Kings Of Leon Perform Moody Cover Of Selena Gomez’s ‘Hands To Myself’ (From ET Canada. 20 October 2016, 8:02 PM, PDT)
- Top Musical.ly Stars, Including Jacob Sartorius And Baby Ariel, Land On Cover Of Billboard (From Tubefilter News. 20 October 2016, 4:26 PM, PDT)
- Kings of Leon's Cover of Selena Gomez's "Hands to Myself" Is Utterly Brilliant (From BuzzSugar. 20 October 2016, 12:50 PM, PDT)