In a new interview with Company magazine, Demi Lovato admits to completely overhauling her social circle after her 2010 stint in rehab.
Lovato has previously been open about suffering from an eating disorder, self-mutilation and her bipolar disorder, and says that she quickly learned who her true friends are after spending three months in rehab.
Pics: Star Sightings
"A couple of months before I went to rehab, I had a birthday party and there were a couple of hundred people there. It was full of people who I considered my closest friends," she told Company magazine. "When I turned my phone on after being in rehab for three months, I expected lots of text messages and phone calls. I had four texts. That was a wake up call."
This led to paring down her list of "friends."
"I don't have loads of friends. I used to, but then I realized, do any of them actually care? Now I have »
Similar News ItemsTaylor Swift
- Adele’s ‘Hello’ Says Goodbye to a Slew of Records on Way to No. 1 (From The Wrap. 24 November 2015, 1:16 PM, PST)
- Does Jennifer Lawrence Have a Cooler Squad Than Taylor Swift? An In-Depth Analysis (From E! Online. 24 November 2015, 1:07 PM, PST)
- The Video For Katy Perry's New Holiday Song Has an Unexpected Taylor Swift Connection (From BuzzSugar. 24 November 2015, 10:52 AM, PST)
- 8 Tragic Things That Happen To Your Social Life When You Don't Have the E! App (From E! Online. 25 November 2015, 4:08 PM, PST)
- Netflix in December: What’s New, What’s Leaving, and What to Watch (From The Wrap. 24 November 2015, 1:36 PM, PST)
- Trailer For Netflix’s A Very Murray Christmas (From TheMovieBit. 24 November 2015, 2:29 AM, PST)
- Netflix To Remake 1960’s ‘Lost In Space’ TV Series (From Tubefilter News. 25 November 2015, 7:41 AM, PST)
- 2016 Sundance Film Festival Predictions: James Franco’s In Dubious Battle (From ioncinema. 24 November 2015, 12:30 PM, PST)
- Niall Horan and Selena Gomez -- No Direction ... Strictly in the Friend Zone (Photo) (From TMZ. 24 November 2015, 9:57 AM, PST)