In a new interview with Company magazine, Demi Lovato admits to completely overhauling her social circle after her 2010 stint in rehab.
Lovato has previously been open about suffering from an eating disorder, self-mutilation and her bipolar disorder, and says that she quickly learned who her true friends are after spending three months in rehab.
Pics: Star Sightings
"A couple of months before I went to rehab, I had a birthday party and there were a couple of hundred people there. It was full of people who I considered my closest friends," she told Company magazine. "When I turned my phone on after being in rehab for three months, I expected lots of text messages and phone calls. I had four texts. That was a wake up call."
This led to paring down her list of "friends."
"I don't have loads of friends. I used to, but then I realized, do any of them actually care? Now I have »
Similar News ItemsTaylor Swift
- Delaware Police Rally to Help Fan With Down Syndrome, Cancer Meet Taylor Swift (From Us Weekly. 23 May 2015, 3:06 AM, PDT)
- Get to Know Kelsea Ballerini, Country's New Darling - and Taylor Swift's Friend (From Popsugar. 22 May 2015, 3:54 PM, PDT)
- Chris Pratt Shares Heartfelt Words About His Wife - and Sings Along to Taylor Swift (From Popsugar. 22 May 2015, 9:50 AM, PDT)
- Get ready for Bill Murray's Netflix Christmas special. Here's a teaser. (From Hitfix. 22 May 2015, 9:21 AM, PDT)
- Bill Murray Channels Bill Murray in the Teaser for Netflix's "A Very Murray Christmas" (From Rope Of Silicon. 22 May 2015, 8:43 AM, PDT)
- The Teaser For A Very Murray Christmas Will Remind You Why You Love Bill Murray (From BuzzSugar. 22 May 2015, 8:30 AM, PDT)
- Did Vanessa Hudgens & Selena Gomez Avoid Justin Bieber At The Met Gala?! (From TooFab. 22 May 2015, 2:45 PM, PDT)
- Taylor Swift & Friends Reportedly Wore $13,000-Worth of Clothes from Sex Shop for "Bad Blood" Video—Get the Scoop! (From E! Online. 22 May 2015, 9:45 AM, PDT)
- Vanessa Hudgens Reveals Whether She Helped Selena Gomez Avoid Justin Bieber at the Met Gala—Watch the Video! (From E! Online. 22 May 2015, 5:45 AM, PDT)