This is my second year in a row reviewing The TCM Classic Film Festival, which is quickly becoming one of the largest, most important, and most fun fests in Los Angeles. Like last year, I ran from screening to screening, giddy with excitement and wired from the constant stream of images.
The festival ran from Thursday through Sunday. I was only able to attend the last two days, but over the course of the weekend I managed to watch ten feature films and a 90-minute program of Bugs Bunny cartoons.
Usually, when I go to things like this I try to watch as many film noir and pre-code movies as I can. On Saturday, I was determined to make variety my theme of the day, and TCM made this easy for me. At any given time, there were five or six movies playing — everything from silent films and early classics to musicals, »
- Jonathan Weichsel
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Jurassic World 2 Producer Talks Bigger, Better Dinosaur Scenes (From MovieWeb. 29 July 2016, 1:41 PM, PDT)
- Watch: Steven Spielberg’s Short War Film ‘Escape to Nowhere’ From 1961 (From Indiewire. 29 July 2016, 11:17 AM, PDT)
- Steven Spielberg’s ‘Ready Player One’ Casts Young Newcomer Philip Zhao (From Deadline. 29 July 2016, 8:29 AM, PDT)
- Film Club: Chasing Jason Bourne and catching up with Woody Allen (From The AV Club. 29 July 2016, 10:42 AM, PDT)
- New Trailer For Park Chan-Wook’s Outrageous, Provocative ‘The Handmaiden’ (From The Playlist. 29 July 2016, 8:37 AM, PDT)
- CAFÉ Society – Review (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 28 July 2016, 4:37 PM, PDT)
Alfred Hitchcock (I)
- Newswire: Godfather of Gore H.G. Lewis to host a marathon of his splatter classics (From The AV Club. 29 July 2016, 11:48 AM, PDT)
- Interview: Director Matt Weinstein Presents ‘The Gun Equation’ at 2016 Blue Whiskey Indie Fest (From HollywoodChicago.com. 29 July 2016, 9:15 AM, PDT)
- Edgar Wright Lists His 1,000 Favorite Films Of All-Time: ‘Metropolis,’ ‘Annie Hall’ & More (From Indiewire. 27 July 2016, 12:56 PM, PDT)