Independence Day director Roland Emmerich is developing a six-hour miniseries based on the story of T.E. Lawrence, the British Army office whose experiences in the Middle East during World War I were represented in David Lean’s 1962 epic, Lawrence of Arabia.
Emmerich will serve as a producer on the series, which is being spearheaded by FremantleMedia International. ”T.E. Lawrence was undoubtedly one of the greatest military and political strategists of our time and a stunningly intrepid Englishman who tried to unite the Arab world,” said FremantleMedia CEO David Ellender in the press release announcing the news.
The press release also »
- Lindsey Bahr
Similar News ItemsChanning Tatum
- Marvel's ‘Agent Carter’ Casts ‘Jupiter Ascending’ Star James D'Arcy (From The Wrap. 17 September 2014)
- Movie Review: The Guest (From CinemaNerdz. 16 September 2014, 9:01 PM, PDT)
- Mindy Project Premiere Recap: Diamond Dan Dances Again (From TVLine.com. 16 September 2014, 6:59 PM, PDT)
- The Vindictive Reason A Key Amazing Spider-Man 2 Actor Will Never Watch The Film (From Cinema Blend. 16 September 2014, 8:30 AM, PDT)
- Floyd Mayweather Stiffs Waitress After $32M Fight (From TMZ. 15 September 2014, 2:53 PM, PDT)
- 8 Former Sitcom Stars With Oscar Buzz This Fall (From FilmSchoolRejects. 15 September 2014, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- TV News Wrap Up: Keanu Reeves Sci-Fi Series, CBS Stephen King Pilot & More (From Screen Rant. 15 September 2014, 6:47 PM, PDT)
- Keanu Reeves Loses Temper Over Dead Dog in ‘John Wick’ Trailer (Video) (From The Wrap. 12 September 2014, 3:38 PM, PDT)
- Jeremy Irvine Talks The Reach, Roland Emmerich’s Stonewall, Fallen, The Woman In Black: Angel Of Death, and Mary Shelley’S Monster (From Collider.com. 10 September 2014, 8:20 PM, PDT)