Independence Day director Roland Emmerich is developing a six-hour miniseries based on the story of T.E. Lawrence, the British Army office whose experiences in the Middle East during World War I were represented in David Lean’s 1962 epic, Lawrence of Arabia.
Emmerich will serve as a producer on the series, which is being spearheaded by FremantleMedia International. ”T.E. Lawrence was undoubtedly one of the greatest military and political strategists of our time and a stunningly intrepid Englishman who tried to unite the Arab world,” said FremantleMedia CEO David Ellender in the press release announcing the news.
The press release also »
- Lindsey Bahr
Similar News ItemsChanning Tatum
- Magic Mike Xxl; Ant-Man; Jessica Jones; Joe & Caspar Hit the Road; River; Listen to Me Marlon – review (From The Guardian - Film News. 29 November 2015, 12:00 AM, PST)
- What a Link. What a Lovely Link (From FilmExperience. 28 November 2015, 5:03 PM, PST)
- Magic Mike Xxl: stripping the storyline down to the bare bones (From The Guardian - Film News. 28 November 2015, 1:00 AM, PST)
- Paul Dano in 'Love & Mercy': Will Spirit Award nomination lead to Oscar breakthrough? (From Gold Derby. 27 November 2015, 11:51 AM, PST)
- 10 Great Boxing Movies to Watch After Seeing ‘Creed’ (From The Film Stage. 27 November 2015, 11:09 AM, PST)
- Will Smith turned down Django Unchained as he wanted “a love story, not a vengeance story” (From Flickeringmyth. 26 November 2015, 12:20 PM, PST)
- Crowdfund This: A Film About Transgender Artist & Activist, Marsha P. Johnson Starring Mya Taylor (From ShadowAndAct. 23 November 2015, 11:02 AM, PST)
- Universal Boss Jeff Shell Leads Studio to Its Best Year Ever — Without Superheroes (From Variety - Film News. 17 November 2015, 10:00 AM, PST)
- 46 years ago today: ‘Sesame Street’ premiered (From Hitfix. 10 November 2015, 5:00 AM, PST)