Independence Day director Roland Emmerich is developing a six-hour miniseries based on the story of T.E. Lawrence, the British Army office whose experiences in the Middle East during World War I were represented in David Lean’s 1962 epic, Lawrence of Arabia.
Emmerich will serve as a producer on the series, which is being spearheaded by FremantleMedia International. ”T.E. Lawrence was undoubtedly one of the greatest military and political strategists of our time and a stunningly intrepid Englishman who tried to unite the Arab world,” said FremantleMedia CEO David Ellender in the press release announcing the news.
The press release also »
- Lindsey Bahr
Similar News ItemsChanning Tatum
- Sundance 2015: Jack Black's 'The D-Train' is the Ultimate Bromance (From FirstShowing.net. 24 January 2015, 7:36 PM, PST)
- Tarantino Counts On "The Hateful Eight" (From SneakPeek. 24 January 2015, 4:41 PM, PST)
- Luke Evans confirms departure from The Crow reboot (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 24 January 2015, 3:40 PM, PST)
- Before She Fixed Things on ‘Scandal,’ Kerry Washington Hit the Dance Floor with Julia Stiles (From VH1.com. 22 January 2015, 7:00 AM, PST)
- 47 (Out of 350) Times People of Colour Contended for Oscars in 10 Years (From Moviefone. 16 January 2015, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Blackhat – The Review (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 16 January 2015, 7:16 AM, PST)
- Simon West’s The Blob heads to Efm (From ScreenDaily. 22 January 2015, 7:16 AM, PST)
- Independence Day 2: new story and character rumours (From Den of Geek. 20 January 2015, 10:35 PM, PST)
- eOne TV Dives Into ‘Great Barrier Reef'; Goldcrest Boards ‘Stonewall’ (From Deadline New York. 19 January 2015, 10:00 PM, PST)