The residents and tourists of Las Vegas will have to wait a little while longer for Australian songstress Olivia Newton-John. The singer has revealed in a statement that her sister Rona, pictured above, left, with Olivia in 2001, has been diagnosed with brain cancer.
The statement reads:
I received the very sad news that my beautiful sister, Rona Newton-John, has been diagnosed with brain cancer. In light of this news, I have decided to postpone my forthcoming Las Vegas residency to spend time with her and our family. As a cancer 'thriver' myself, as many people are, I am very aware of the importance of love, support and family during this journey she is about to begin. I want to thank everyone in advance for respecting our privacy during this difficult time.
Olivia was famously diagnosed with breast cancer in 1992, undergoing a mastectomy and becoming an advocate for breast cancer research and self-examination. »
Similar News ItemsGrease (1978)
- The Fabulous Allan Carr Review (From HeyUGuys. 21 July 2017, 6:16 AM, PDT)
- Sharknado 5 First Look at Olivia Newton-John and Brett Michaels (From MovieWeb. 10 July 2017, 9:51 AM, PDT)
- 1980 and the Death of the Disco Musical (From MUBI. 10 July 2017, 9:03 AM, PDT)
- 'The Defenders' Debuts First Episode in Surprise Comic-Con Screening, Shows Off 'Punisher' Footage (From Entertainment Tonight. 21 July 2017, 7:01 PM, PDT)
- Exclusive: 'Sharknado' Star Chloe Lattanzi Gives Update on Mom Olivia Newton-John's Cancer Battle (From Entertainment Tonight. 21 July 2017, 3:11 PM, PDT)
- Maria Menounos Opens Up About Her Brain Tumor During Megyn Kelly Interview (From Entertainment Tonight. 21 July 2017, 1:20 PM, PDT)
Olivia (1978) (TV)
- Love Island’s Benny on camera 2 and other accidental reality TV stars (From The Guardian - TV News. 19 July 2017, 6:52 AM, PDT)
- Law & Order: Svu Recap: Pole-Oriented (From TVLine.com. 12 October 2016, 8:05 PM, PDT)
- When zombies attacked... Neighbours (& other shows) (From Den of Geek. 28 October 2015, 4:39 AM, PDT)