Created by Joe Ahearne.
A police detective is thrown into the world of vampires when hunting for his missing partner.
The whole world is in a state of despair, and the people in it are under threat from distinctly un-sexy vampires in Ultraviolet. This is London, 1998. We’re pre-Twilight, and here the blood-hungry undead are like the Mafia mixed with the Masons. The night creatures of Ultraviolet are evil opportunists through and through, a helpful simplification given that they don’t get much in the way of detailed backstory.
Instead, we get to know this world intermittently, often confusingly, as writer/director Joe Ahearne assumes we know as much as he does about his creation. Many character relationships ring false, the exception being between Jack Davenport’s rookie vampire hunter and Idris Elba’s cynical veteran. Davenport’s »
- Flickering Myth
Similar News ItemsDavid Fincher
- ‘Divorce’ Teaser Trailer: Sarah Jessica Parker’s New HBO Comedy (From Slash Film. 23 June 2016, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- 3-Minute Supercut Dives Into The Darkness Of Christopher Nolan’s Films (From The Playlist. 22 June 2016, 12:15 PM, PDT)
- Exclusive: Alien 3 set was “very, very tense,” reveals actor DeObia Oparei (From Flickeringmyth. 21 June 2016, 1:31 AM, PDT)
- Star Trek Beyond Soundtrack Details and Cover Art Unveiled (From MovieWeb. 25 June 2016, 11:32 AM, PDT)
- Tracklisting for the Star Trek Beyond score released, movie will feature new Rihanna single (From Flickeringmyth. 25 June 2016, 9:02 AM, PDT)
- Thor: Ragnarok set photos show Asgardian sets under construction (From Flickeringmyth. 25 June 2016, 3:30 AM, PDT)
- Filming on the The Hatton Garden Job movie underway (From Flickeringmyth. 23 June 2016, 2:10 AM, PDT)
- Voltage Pictures boards 'The Hatton Garden Job' (From ScreenDaily. 22 June 2016, 12:44 PM, PDT)
- Larry Lamb set to lead cast of ‘Hatton Garden Robbery’ film (From The Hollywood News. 22 June 2016, 9:02 AM, PDT)