We already knew that Ben Stiller had signed on for “Tower Heist”, a con-artist swindle film set in New York’s Trump Tower. At that point it seemed that Stiller might be due to replace Eddie Murphy, appearing alongside Chris Rock and Chris Tucker.
We then confirmed in August that Brett Ratner would direct and brought you the synopsis, namely that Stiller would lead a group of disgruntled blue-collar workers at the tower who, having lost out through the collapse of a Bernie Madoff-style scheme, decide to carry out a heist at the tower, once they discover that the fraudster responsible is under house arrest in the tower’s penthouse suite.
Now there is more casting news, courtesy of The Wrap, with Tea Leoni (The Family Man, Deep Impact, Bad Boys) on board, along with Gabourey Sidibe (Precious) and Michael Peña (World Trade Center, Crash). It seems likely that Stiller, »
- Dave Roper
Similar News ItemsBen Stiller
- Ben Stiller, Adam Sandler on Crafting 'Meyerowitz Stories' Family History (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 18 October 2017, 12:27 PM, PDT)
- Running Wild with Bear Grylls: Nat Geo Makes Deal for Past and Future Episodes of NBC TV Show (From TVSeriesFinale. 16 October 2017, 9:56 PM, PDT)
- China Box Office: 'Never Say Die' Becomes Biggest Single-Market Comedy Ever With $280M (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 15 October 2017, 9:12 PM, PDT)
- Suicide Squad’s Margot Robbie May Reunite With Jared Leto For Hugh Hefner Biopic (From We Got This Covered. 11 October 2017, 1:35 PM, PDT)
- Martin Scorsese Says Rotten Tomatoes Is “Hostile” To Filmmakers, Praises ‘mother!’ (From The Playlist. 10 October 2017, 6:37 AM, PDT)
- Rush Hour 4 finally set to go ahead (From Den of Geek. 8 October 2017, 9:49 PM, PDT)
Eddie Murphy (I)
- Jay Leno on David Letterman: "Even When He Was Mean to Me, It Was Funny" (From hollywoodreporter_tv. 20 October 2017, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Jay Leno on David Letterman: "Even When He Was Mean to Me, It Was Funny" (From The Hollywood Reporter - TV News. 20 October 2017, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- ‘Twins 2’ Screenplay Almost Complete – Shoot Set For Early 2018 (From The Hollywood News. 20 October 2017, 2:00 AM, PDT)