Robert Redford's new film sees the Hollywood liberal play a craggy radical, hiding away from a criminally subversive past under an assumed name. Once the FBI rumbles him, the agents on his trail spend some time comparing the image of his lined face to that of his much younger, 1970s, moustachioed self.
Cinema audiences across the world have travelled down that same long, ageing trail with Redford too, watching as his luminous youth in the role of Bubber in the 1966 film The Chase was gradually replaced, first by the poised cynicism of The Candidate and then by the stately leading man in Out of Africa or the worn-out sleaze of his Indecent Proposal to Demi Moore. Yet, as a man, Redford's radical zeal remains undimmed.
- Vanessa Thorpe, Philip French
Similar News ItemsRobert Pattinson
- Is Robert Pattinson Dating Singer Fka Twigs? Get the Scoop! (From E! Online. 2 September 2014, 4:29 PM, PDT)
- Robert Pattinson Dating English Singer Fka Twigs: Details! (From Us Weekly. 2 September 2014, 1:47 PM, PDT)
- Robert Pattinson’s ‘Maps to Stars’ Gets Distributor for U.S. Release (From TheImproper.com. 2 September 2014, 10:48 AM, PDT)
- Summer Film Budgets vs. Total Worldwide Grosses (From Deadline New York. 2 September 2014, 6:51 PM, PDT)
- Edge Of Tomorrow (Finally) Crosses $100M At The Domestic Box Office; $364M Total (From ComicBookMovie. 2 September 2014, 6:00 PM, PDT)
- "Mission: Impossible 5" Takes Over Morocco (From Dark Horizons. 2 September 2014, 5:20 PM, PDT)
- Martin Scorsese To Direct Casino Ad Starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Robert DeNiro & Brad Pitt (From The Playlist. 2 September 2014, 8:34 AM, PDT)
- Daily | Film-Philosophy, Seventh Art, Sight & Sound (t) (From Fandor: Keyframe (t). 2 September 2014, 5:13 AM, PDT)
- Daily | Film-Philosophy, Seventh Art, Sight & Sound (From Keyframe. 2 September 2014, 5:13 AM, PDT)