TNT hasn’t said definitively whether Wednesday’s season finale would officially be the last episode of “Southland,” but all indications and body language — including the fact several of its stars have signed on to new projects — suggests that it is.
If that was the last hour (and there will be spoilers ahead), there’s no question it leaves a bad aftertaste — so grim and unsettled as to offer virtually nothing in the way of closure.
Still, we come not to bury but to praise this Peabody-award-winning drama, as well as TNT for giving it renewed life after NBC and a little experiment called “The Jay Leno Show” nearly sent the series to the showers long before now.
- Brian Lowry
Similar News ItemsWarner Bros. [us]
- ‘Wonder Woman’ Sequel Not In The Works Yet, Producer Explains Why There’s No End Credit Sequence (From The Playlist. 23 May 2017, 7:56 AM, PDT)
- Wonder Woman Feels A Bit Vulnerable in this New Clip (From ShockYa. 23 May 2017, 6:37 AM, PDT)
- Are You Screening? Podcast #208 – Beauty And The Beast & Kong Reviews (From AreYouScreening. 23 May 2017, 6:20 AM, PDT)
Ben McKenzie (III)
- Gotham: Season Three Ratings (From TVSeriesFinale. 16 May 2017, 1:25 PM, PDT)
- Bruce Wayne Will Begin The Path To Batman In Gotham Season 4 (From We Got This Covered. 16 May 2017, 10:28 AM, PDT)
- Gotham Gets A Fourth Season (From LRM Online. 11 May 2017, 8:46 AM, PDT)
- Five Things You Didn’t Know about Kevin Alejandro (From TVovermind.com. 18 May 2017, 5:00 PM, PDT)
- Lakeith Stanfield and Xosha Roquemore Expecting First Child (From PEOPLE.com. 8 March 2017, 10:55 PM, PST)
- USC School of Cinematic Arts Launches John Wells Division With Endowment (From Variety - Film News. 3 March 2017, 2:36 PM, PST)