The British actor was best known for playing Admiral Motti in 1977's Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope.
In one of the film's most iconic scenes, Motti was Force-choked by Darth Vader for insubordination.
The circumstances of the actor's death have yet to be confirmed, TMZ reports.
LeParmentier once said of his most famous role: "I did the choking effect by flexing muscles in my neck. It set off a chain of events, that choking.
"I can't do it anymore because, oddly enough, »
Similar News ItemsStar Wars (1977)
- Madame Tussauds release new pictures of Star Wars exhibition (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 4 March 2015, 10:13 PM, PST)
- Dan Stevens in Talks to Play the Beast Opposite Emma Watson in Disney’s ‘Beauty and the Beast’ (From The Wrap. 4 March 2015, 6:04 PM, PST)
- New pictures of Star Wars exhibition at Madame Tussauds (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 4 March 2015, 5:15 PM, PST)
Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988)
- Predator, Back To The Future Composer Alan Silvestri To Be Honored At The World Soundtrack Awards (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 25 February 2015, 1:01 PM, PST)
- Composer Alan Silvestri Being Feted at World Soundtrack Awards (From Variety - Film News. 25 February 2015, 1:00 AM, PST)
- 'American Sniper' should take Sound Editing Oscar, unless 'Birdman' sweeps (From Gold Derby. 20 February 2015, 10:28 PM, PST)
Superman II (1980)
- Alien 5 to ignore Alien 3 and Alien: Resurrection (From Den of Geek. 25 February 2015, 11:38 PM, PST)
- 11 of action cinema's great movie villain pairings (From Den of Geek. 25 February 2015, 8:11 AM, PST)
- Tim Burton’s Big Eyes UK Blu-ray announced (From Flickeringmyth. 8 February 2015, 8:00 PM, PST)