Me and You (Italian: Io e te), 2012.
Directed by Bernardo Bertolucci.
An an introverted teenager tells his parents he going on a ski trip, but instead spends his time alone in a basement.
Sentimental and occasionally even soppy, unambitious in terms of both scale and theme, always softcore rather than explicit, Me and You is the surprising new picture from Bernardo Bertolucci. After a break of nine years, the director of The Last Emperor and Novecento has confined himself within his smallest space yet: an apartment building’s basement. Arguably, it focuses his directorial efforts, even if the story the film’s built around is so very basic.
What will be immediately noticeable in Me and You is Bertolucci’s diminishing interest in carnal desires. There’s a hint of confusing sexual tension between Lorenzo and Olivia, »
- Flickering Myth
Similar News ItemsDavid Fincher
- Steven Soderbergh, What Happened? 4 Reasons ‘Logan Lucky,’ Wasn’t (From Indiewire. 21 August 2017, 3:58 PM, PDT)
- The ‘Logan Lucky’ Easter Egg Movie Fans Should Watch Out For (From Slash Film. 18 August 2017, 1:30 PM, PDT)
- 14 Blockbusters to See This Season, From ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ to ‘Blade Runner 2049’ and Many More (From Indiewire. 17 August 2017, 7:30 AM, PDT)
- Italian Movies Are Struggling in U.S. Theaters, But This Distribution Experiment Could Change That (From Indiewire. 17 August 2017, 7:08 AM, PDT)
- Motion Picture Academy President John Bailey: The Variety Interview (From Variety - Film News. 15 August 2017, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Venice 2017. Lineup (From MUBI. 27 July 2017, 5:58 AM, PDT)
Last Tango in Paris (1972)
- Physically “Naked” with Not Much Steam to Run On (From Age of the Nerd. 17 August 2017, 12:37 PM, PDT)
- The Unbearable Rightness of Daniel Day-Lewis Retiring (Even if He Doesn’t Keep to It) (From Variety - Film News. 25 June 2017, 9:32 AM, PDT)
- The Jacques Rivette Collection on Blu-ray From Arrow Video May 23rd (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 30 April 2017, 6:47 PM, PDT)