Actor Frank Bank died this morning, one day after he turned 71. Today is his friend and former co-star Tony Dow's 68th birthday. (The photo above, from Jerry Mathers' Facebook page, was taken in June 2012 and shows co-stars Ken Osmond, Bank, Dow, and Mathers.)
Bank was primarily know for his role as Clarence "Lumpy" Rutherford on the Leave It to Beaver sitcom in the 1950s and 60s. He reprised his role as Wally Cleaver's friend in the Still the Beaver TV movie and the 1980s sequel series, The New Leave It to Beaver, joining most of the original sitcom's surviving cast.
Bank made a brief cameo in the 1997 film Leave It to Beaver as "Frank."
In addition to Beaver, Bank appeared on several 1950s and 60s TV shows and also played comic book character Archie Andrews in the Life »
Similar News Items"Leave It to Beaver" (1957)
- Free State Of Jones Review (From We Got This Covered. 23 June 2016, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- 'Bad Moms' trailer is for every mother who ever wanted to say, 'You know what? Screw it.' (From Hitfix. 3 May 2016, 9:08 AM, PDT)
- How long will the Superhero Era last? Searching for clues in the history of family comedies (From Hitfix. 26 April 2016, 11:02 AM, PDT)
- 'Psycho': 25 Things You (Probably) Didn't Know About Hitchcock's Classic (From Moviefone. 15 June 2015, 11:00 PM, PDT)
- 32 TV Opening Credits Sequences With ‘And [Actor Name] As [Character Name]’ (From Vulture. 28 March 2014, 12:25 PM, PDT)
- 11 'Community' Paley Panel Highlights With Finale Spoilers (From Hitfix. 26 March 2014, 11:50 PM, PDT)
- SAG-aftra Seeks Senate Approval of Beijing Treaty on Audiovisual Performances (From Variety - Film News. 11 February 2016, 9:15 AM, PST)
- SAG-aftra Hit With Costs Over ‘Leave It to Beaver’ Actor’s Lawsuit (From Variety - Film News. 26 January 2016, 6:09 PM, PST)
- SAG-aftra Funds Held in Trust Jump 7.5% to $164.3 Million (From Variety - Film News. 12 August 2015, 7:01 AM, PDT)