Jay-z put his homeboy Barack Obama between a rock and a hard place with his new track, "Open Letter," in which he implies the president gave him permission to visit Cuba. Now the song's producer reveals what happened behind the scenes.
Swizz Beats and Timbaland produced the single that serves as an open letter from Hova to critics of his recent anniversary trip with Beyonce to Havana -- a move that was sanctioned by the U.S. government, despite initial reports the couple was under investigation for the possibly illegal trip.
Swizz spoke to New York's Hot 97 radio station and explained how the song came about. "I had the portable drum machine with me, then we went down to the 40/40 to watch the game," says Swizz. "Then [Timbaland] came by and was like, 'That beat is crazy.' Next morning, Jay called me with verses." The 40/40 Club is a New York »
Similar News ItemsBarack Obama
- Oprah Winfrey Network Sues Alleged Imposter for Pretending to Be Media Mogul's Nephew (From E! Online. 17 April 2015, 7:00 PM, PDT)
- Jon Stewart Takes ‘Balloon’ Dick Cheney on Journey Back Through Iraq History (Video) (From The Wrap. 17 April 2015, 6:44 AM, PDT)
- WikiLeaks publishes 200,000 Sony hacking files (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 16 April 2015, 1:50 PM, PDT)
- L’Oreal Paris Crowns Sir John (From Hollywoodnews.com. 18 April 2015, 11:10 AM, PDT)
- American Idol: What Should the Top 6 Sing for 'Arena Anthems' Week? (From TVLine.com. 17 April 2015, 4:54 PM, PDT)
- Beyoncé Has Blessed Us With More Photos From Her Hawaiian Vacation (From Popsugar. 16 April 2015, 6:33 PM, PDT)
- Mumford & Sons, Deathcab for Cutie Singer Rip Jay Z’s Tidal: ‘This Thing Is Going to Fail Miserably’ (From The Wrap. 18 April 2015, 6:49 PM, PDT)
- Jay Z, Jack White Phone Tidal Customers Amid CEO Exit, Layoffs (From The Wrap. 18 April 2015, 3:48 PM, PDT)
- Jay Z Wins Court Case, Now Owns His Album Masters (From Vulture. 18 April 2015, 2:05 PM, PDT)