Jay-z put his homeboy Barack Obama between a rock and a hard place with his new track, "Open Letter," in which he implies the president gave him permission to visit Cuba. Now the song's producer reveals what happened behind the scenes.
Swizz Beats and Timbaland produced the single that serves as an open letter from Hova to critics of his recent anniversary trip with Beyonce to Havana -- a move that was sanctioned by the U.S. government, despite initial reports the couple was under investigation for the possibly illegal trip.
Swizz spoke to New York's Hot 97 radio station and explained how the song came about. "I had the portable drum machine with me, then we went down to the 40/40 to watch the game," says Swizz. "Then [Timbaland] came by and was like, 'That beat is crazy.' Next morning, Jay called me with verses." The 40/40 Club is a New York »
Similar News ItemsBarack Obama
- Jeb Bush, Gop Candidates Launch War Mongering, Anti-isis Ads (video) (From TheImproper.com. 26 November 2015, 8:43 AM, PST)
- Sasha & Malia Obama Offer Up Thanksgiving Outfit Inspiration at the Presidential Turkey Pardon (From E! Online. 25 November 2015, 3:03 PM, PST)
- Candace Cameron Bure Compares Obama’s View Of Isis To Guy On Titanic Saying “Stay Calm” As It Sinks (Video) (From GossipCop. 25 November 2015, 1:35 PM, PST)
- Destiny's Child Singer Michelle Williams Disses Fan for Negative Facebook Comment (From E! Online. 24 November 2015, 4:30 PM, PST)
- Adele Shares Her Hilarious Reaction to That SNL Thanksgiving Parody (From Popsugar. 23 November 2015, 11:00 PM, PST)
- Kevin Federline Calls Beyoncé "Botoxed" - and His Twitter Mentions Will Never Be the Same (From Popsugar. 23 November 2015, 12:50 PM, PST)
- Does Holly Holm, New Ufc Champ, Not Know Who Beyoncé Is? (From Uinterview. 25 November 2015, 1:31 PM, PST)
- Vic Mensa Involved in Confrontation With Chicago Police During Protest for Laquan McDonald (From Vulture. 25 November 2015, 6:38 AM, PST)
- Jay Z -- Pays $100k Bet ... After Losing to De La Hoya (From TMZ. 24 November 2015, 11:48 AM, PST)