Jay-z put his homeboy Barack Obama between a rock and a hard place with his new track, "Open Letter," in which he implies the president gave him permission to visit Cuba. Now the song's producer reveals what happened behind the scenes.
Swizz Beats and Timbaland produced the single that serves as an open letter from Hova to critics of his recent anniversary trip with Beyonce to Havana -- a move that was sanctioned by the U.S. government, despite initial reports the couple was under investigation for the possibly illegal trip.
Swizz spoke to New York's Hot 97 radio station and explained how the song came about. "I had the portable drum machine with me, then we went down to the 40/40 to watch the game," says Swizz. "Then [Timbaland] came by and was like, 'That beat is crazy.' Next morning, Jay called me with verses." The 40/40 Club is a New York »
Similar News ItemsBarack Obama
- Film Review: ‘Before the Flood’ (From Variety - Film News. 21 October 2016, 4:51 PM, PDT)
- ‘Barry,’ New Netflix Film On Obama’s College Days, Teaser & Release Date (From Uinterview. 21 October 2016, 2:23 PM, PDT)
- Bill Murray Crashes White House Press Briefing to Talk Baseball (From PEOPLE.com. 21 October 2016, 1:23 PM, PDT)
- Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn Get in "Formation" (From E! Online. 21 October 2016, 5:25 PM, PDT)
- Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn Star in Beyoncé ‘Formation’ Parody Video — Watch (From Indiewire. 21 October 2016, 1:07 PM, PDT)
- Goldie Hawn and Amy Schumer Dancing to "Formation" Is Everything You Never Knew You Needed (From Popsugar. 21 October 2016, 12:10 PM, PDT)
- Kanye West Says That ‘Watch The Throne 2’ Isn’t Happening, Thanks To Beef With Jay Z (From Uinterview. 21 October 2016, 12:58 PM, PDT)
- Kanye West Goes On Concert Rant Against Jay Z Over Kim Kardashian’s Paris Robbery, ‘Apple/Tidal Bulls**t’ (From ET Canada. 20 October 2016, 11:01 AM, PDT)
- Kanye West Says There Won’t Be A Watch The Throne 2 (From We Got This Covered. 20 October 2016, 10:42 AM, PDT)