The show wasn't exactly a ratings hit for the cable channel with first airings averaging less than two million viewers each week. Still, perception and prestige is more important than numbers in helping HBO attract/retain subscribers and this series' talent pool is certainly impressive.
Here's the brief press release:
The debut date for the second season of the HBO drama series The Newsroom has been confirmed.
The second season of The Newsroom kicks off Sunday, July 14 (10:00-11:00 p.m. Et/Pt). In the new season, the staff of "News Night" chases a mysterious tip, which leads to a story that ultimately spins out of control.
Similar News ItemsAaron Sorkin
- Interview: 'Shameless' star Emmy Rossum discusses Fiona's downward spiral (From Hitfix. 7 March 2014, 10:10 PM, PST)
- 10 TV Episodes You Didn’t Know Were Filmed By Famous Hollywood Directors (From Obsessed with Film. 7 March 2014, 2:54 AM, PST)
- David Fincher might be roped in for Steve Jobs biopic (From RealBollywood. 27 February 2014, 3:53 AM, PST)
Jeff Daniels (I)
- ‘Dumb and Dumber To’ Early Reactions (From Screen Rant. 8 March 2014, 3:04 PM, PST)
- 'Dumb and Dumber To' Generates Positive Buzz from Early Screening (From MovieWeb. 7 March 2014, 1:36 PM, PST)
- Early Buzz: ‘Dumb and Dumber To’ (From Slash Film. 7 March 2014, 11:49 AM, PST)
"The Newsroom" (2012)
- SXSW Review: ‘The Heart Machine’ Starring Kate Lyn Sheil & John Gallagher Jr. (From The Playlist. 8 March 2014, 6:30 PM, PST)
- SXSW: 11 must-see movies on the menu in Texas (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 7 March 2014, 2:28 PM, PST)
- SXSW: 'Newsroom' star John Gallagher Jr. wishes his girlfriend was in Berlin in 'The Heart Machine' -- Exclusive Video (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 7 March 2014, 10:12 AM, PST)