The show wasn't exactly a ratings hit for the cable channel with first airings averaging less than two million viewers each week. Still, perception and prestige is more important than numbers in helping HBO attract/retain subscribers and this series' talent pool is certainly impressive.
Here's the brief press release:
The debut date for the second season of the HBO drama series The Newsroom has been confirmed.
The second season of The Newsroom kicks off Sunday, July 14 (10:00-11:00 p.m. Et/Pt). In the new season, the staff of "News Night" chases a mysterious tip, which leads to a story that ultimately spins out of control.
Similar News ItemsAaron Sorkin
- 2016 Oscar Predictions: Best Adapted Screenplay (From Indiewire. 5 February 2016, 6:18 AM, PST)
- Watch: Here's Martin Scorsese's Best Robert De Niro Impersonation (Sort Of) (From Indiewire. 4 February 2016, 10:41 AM, PST)
- Contest: Win Steve Jobs Blu-Ray (From We Got This Covered. 2 February 2016, 10:39 AM, PST)
Jeff Daniels (I)
- This Spring’s 15 Must-See B’way and Off-b’way Plays (From Backstage. 3 February 2016, 9:00 AM, PST)
- Bye Instant Watch: Terms of Endearment, Tom Cruise, Big Fish... (From FilmExperience. 28 January 2016, 12:23 PM, PST)
- Someone brilliantly re-cut 'Dumb and Dumber' as an Oscar-winning drama (From Hitfix. 26 January 2016, 11:08 AM, PST)
"The Newsroom" (2012)
- Watch a clip from tonight’s episode of Agent Carter – ‘Smoke and Mirrors’ (From Flickeringmyth. 2 February 2016, 2:21 PM, PST)
- Mr. Robot Season 2 Adds Meryl Streep’s Daughter Grace Gummer (From Slash Film. 29 January 2016, 11:30 AM, PST)
- Grace Gummer Joins ‘Mr. Robot’ Season 2 as Series Regular (From Variety - TV News. 29 January 2016, 9:30 AM, PST)