The show wasn't exactly a ratings hit for the cable channel with first airings averaging less than two million viewers each week. Still, perception and prestige is more important than numbers in helping HBO attract/retain subscribers and this series' talent pool is certainly impressive.
Here's the brief press release:
The debut date for the second season of the HBO drama series The Newsroom has been confirmed.
The second season of The Newsroom kicks off Sunday, July 14 (10:00-11:00 p.m. Et/Pt). In the new season, the staff of "News Night" chases a mysterious tip, which leads to a story that ultimately spins out of control.
Similar News ItemsAaron Sorkin
- Jimmy Choo Founder Sues Interior Designer -- Your Work Isn't Fit for a Frat House (From TMZ. 23 July 2014, 2:17 PM, PDT)
- Interview: Director Rob Reiner on Latest Film ‘And So it Goes’ (From HollywoodChicago.com. 23 July 2014, 10:18 AM, PDT)
- David Fincher's 'Gone Girl' to Open 52nd New York Film Festival (From Rolling Stone. 17 July 2014, 12:20 PM, PDT)
Jeff Daniels (I)
- Emmy Episode Analysis: Jeff Daniels ('The Newsroom') is up for Drama Actor reelection (From Gold Derby. 22 July 2014, 9:18 AM, PDT)
- Best of Late Night TV: 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Cast Takes Over Kimmel, Kate Hudson Plays Box of Lies (Video) (From Moviefone. 22 July 2014, 1:19 AM, PDT)
- It’s A Wrap! ‘The Newsroom’ Third & Final Season Finishes Filming (From The Hollywood News. 19 July 2014, 2:36 AM, PDT)
"The Newsroom" (2012)
- Emmy Guest Star Nominees Prove Integral to Storytelling (From Variety - TV News. 25 July 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Amusing Full Trailer for the Comedy Dear White People (From GeekTyrant. 22 July 2014, 11:15 AM, PDT)
- Feinberg Forecast: Emmy Projections for the Lead Acting Categories (Drama) (From The Hollywood Reporter. 22 July 2014, 5:00 AM, PDT)