The show wasn't exactly a ratings hit for the cable channel with first airings averaging less than two million viewers each week. Still, perception and prestige is more important than numbers in helping HBO attract/retain subscribers and this series' talent pool is certainly impressive.
Here's the brief press release:
The debut date for the second season of the HBO drama series The Newsroom has been confirmed.
The second season of The Newsroom kicks off Sunday, July 14 (10:00-11:00 p.m. Et/Pt). In the new season, the staff of "News Night" chases a mysterious tip, which leads to a story that ultimately spins out of control.
Similar News ItemsAaron Sorkin
- 2016 Oscar Predictions: Best Adapted Screenplay (From Indiewire. 25 May 2015, 12:06 PM, PDT)
- First look at Michael Fassbender in Steve Jobs (From Cineplex. 19 May 2015, 9:17 AM, PDT)
- See Michael Fassbender Invent the Future in ‘Steve Jobs’ (From Backstage. 18 May 2015, 1:05 PM, PDT)
Jeff Daniels (I)
- First-Look: Matt Damon meets Mars in Ridley Scott’s ‘The Martian’! (From The Hollywood News. 25 May 2015, 11:30 PM, PDT)
- Ridley Scott's "The Martian"- New Images (From SneakPeek. 25 May 2015, 6:28 PM, PDT)
- Astronaut Matt Damon Featured In First Photos From Ridley Scott’s The Martian (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 25 May 2015, 1:08 PM, PDT)
"The Newsroom" (2012)
- Silicon Valley, The Americans, Amy Schumer Lead Critics’ Choice Awards Winners (From Collider.com. 1 June 2015, 8:38 AM, PDT)
- New Emmys library: See our exclusive info on episodes entered in past races (From Gold Derby. 1 June 2015, 7:56 AM, PDT)
- In Defense of The Newsroom (From TVovermind.com. 31 May 2015, 10:11 PM, PDT)