War is never pretty, especially if it involves an alien invasion.
After a far-off solar system is destroyed, several remaining extraterrestrial races, collectively known as Votans, venture to Earth seeking a fresh start. Unsympathetic to their plight, the planet's nations turn them away, sparking a devastating battle that leaves the globe and environment drastically changed forever. Thirty-four years later, the two sides have called a ceasefire and are trying to coexist in this hostile new frontier. That's the premise behind the ambitious sci-fi drama "Defiance" (premiering April 15 on Showcase and SyFy).
The series finds anti-hero Joshua Nolan (Grant Bowler, "Ugly Betty"), a reluctant lawkeeper, attempting to keep the peace in the small town of Defiance, where cultures clash and internal, as well as external, conflicts jeopardize their existence. To make matters worse, a tremendous amount of technology has been lost. There's still functioning electricity, but no satellites, internet or air travel. »
- HuffPost Canada TV
Similar News Items"Game of Thrones" (2011)
- More Images From "Terminator: Genisys" (From SneakPeek. 25 December 2014, 6:07 AM, PST)
- Emilia Clarke Covers "GQ" (From SneakPeek. 24 December 2014, 6:41 PM, PST)
- Christmas Gift Ideas for Our Favorite TV Characters (From Moviefone. 24 December 2014, 3:30 AM, PST)
- Mike Colter Is Officially Marvel’s Luke Cage (From We Got This Covered. 22 December 2014, 12:14 PM, PST)
- Television that Home Video Forgot: Birds of Prey (2002) (From SoundOnSight. 21 December 2014, 5:00 AM, PST)
- USA Picks Up Mr. Robot Giving Christian Slater Yet Another TV Shot (From AreYouScreening. 19 December 2014, 1:03 PM, PST)
"Ugly Betty" (2006)
- Exclusive: Yaya DaCosta Channels Whitney Houston In the Studio (From Entertainment Tonight. 23 December 2014, 8:21 AM, PST)
- Ben Silverman on Working with Netflix, Storytelling for Advertisers, Being on the Road (From Variety - TV News. 22 December 2014, 1:11 AM, PST)
- Netflix in January: 'Desperate Housewives' and 'Brothers & Sisters' Are Leaving (From The Hollywood Reporter. 19 December 2014, 2:37 PM, PST)