Academy Award-winning director Kathryn Bigelow's 1991 cult classic Point Break is set to receive the remake treatment courtesy of Alcon Entertainment, and with filming due to begin later this year it's been announced that the project has now found itself a director in Ericson Core, whose previous credits include cinematography on The Fast and the Furious and Daredevil, as well as directing duties on Disney's Invincible.
The original Point Break starred Keanu Reeves as a rookie FBI agent Johnny Utah, who is sent undercover to infiltrate the Ex-Presidents, a criminal gang of surfers led by Patrick Swayze. The remake will be set in the world of international extreme sports, although further plot details are being kept under wraps at this point in time.
- Flickering Myth
Similar News ItemsKeanu Reeves
- Lionsgate, ‘John Wick’ Producer Team on Female-Driven Action Movie ‘Ballerina’ (From Variety - Film News. 25 July 2017, 4:59 PM, PDT)
- Lionsgate Looking to Expand the ‘John Wick’ Universe with Female-Led Action Movie (From Collider.com. 25 July 2017, 4:49 PM, PDT)
- Lionsgate Plotting 'John Wick' Universe With 'Ballerina' Action Script (Exclusive) (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 25 July 2017, 1:31 PM, PDT)
Kathryn Bigelow (I)
- Detroit review – Kathryn Bigelow rages against brutal chapter in Us race struggle (From The Guardian - Film News. 26 July 2017, 1:13 AM, PDT)
- 'Detroit' Review: Kathryn Bigelow's Recreation of Riots, Racism Is Cry of Rage (From Rolling Stone. 25 July 2017, 5:35 AM, PDT)
- ‘Mister Universo’ Review: You’ll (Almost) Want to Run Away and Join the Circus (From Indiewire. 24 July 2017, 5:14 PM, PDT)
The Fast and the Furious (2001)
- ‘Black Panther,’ ‘Luke Cage,’ and the Rise of Black Superheroes on Screen (From Variety - Film News. 19 July 2017, 7:45 AM, PDT)
- ‘Black Panther,’ ‘Luke Cage,’ and the Rise of Black Superheroes on Screen (From Variety - TV News. 19 July 2017, 7:45 AM, PDT)
- George Romero Was a Legend Who Never Got the Respect He Deserved (From Indiewire. 19 July 2017, 7:00 AM, PDT)